+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pram recommendations, go!

Hey guys!

For my DD we had a 2008 second hand bugaboo cameleon. It's pretty old now needs a new seat because of mold and tyres and constantly flat.

So I want opinions on whether I should just spend the money and fix it for buy a completely new pram?

If so, what do you recommend?
    What's your pram and why do you love it? What do you hate about it?

I'm looking at baby jogger City select, bugaboo cameleon, and Icandy. Or the new Britax one.

And go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got baby jogger city mini gt with ds1 and love it. It's so easy to put in and out of car, can be used from birth and you can get attachments for capsules or bassinet. Decent sized basket and quite light for folding. Great if you plan to travel as we've used it loads when flying and we just fold it up and put it inside a bag. Main disadvantages are that seat can only be forwards facing (I never found this a problem as ds prefers to watch what's going on than me!) and it doesn't sit totally upright so now I just strap his legs in so he can sit forwards better to look around.

I'm expecting ds2 next week so we bought an icandy peach second hand so we can use it as a double. I got it out at the weekend so have started using it as a single and it's really nice. Manoeuvres very well, can put the seat forwards or backwards facing and fairly easy to put up and down. Few downsides I can see so far- takes up more space in car as seat unit doesn't fold down much, basket fairly deep but when lower bassinet is attached you can't really access it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the city select and I love it. It's very manoeuvrable and has great basket room. I love that I can have it rear or front facing. DS is just over 2 and it's still like new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an Icandy peach as well. I love it! We got it because it is compact but very sturdy and can take a second seat - or any combination as a double (seat, bassinet or car capsule). Basket is a good size and is sturdy enough to hang the nappy bag on the handles without fear of it tipping. It's quite a bit narrower than other doubles, I think 6cm less than the city select. Doesn't sound like much but when you're trying to get in doorways and around the shops it is noticeable. I have a bad shoulder but tested it in the shops with dummy babies 12kg and 9kg loaded up in a double set up and I could still easily steer it one handed. I'll be using it as a double next year

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (16-06-2015),nh2489  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pram recommendations, go!

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a good idea I might look at second hand peaches. I always wanted an Icandy but they were so expensive new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosengold111 View Post
    That's a good idea I might look at second hand peaches. I always wanted an Icandy but they were so expensive new.
    They have recently released the peach version 3. You might find you can pick up a good deal on the peach version 2 if stores are trying to clear out the old stock. Not much change except for a new colour range

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosengold111 View Post
    Not sure where you live but just out of interest I was looking at them on eBay and there were 2 icandy in nsw that had all attachments etc for double for a pretty good price. There are probably some single versions on there too but I was just looking at the double.

In terms of which model to get etc mine is the first one and after reading about the 2 and 3 I think there are some good design upgrades such as the lower seat on mine is always a bit reclined but it can be more upright with the newer ones. Have a good look into the different models but def check out second hand ones as mine was pretty good value and I just gave everything a good wash and bought few things such as new basket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks that's a great idea! I live in QLD. Does anyone know what shops sell Icandy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bubs does