+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 month old stopped sleeping through

Hey all.

My daughter is a few days off being 6 months old. The past 3 months she has slept from roughly 7pm to 5am. The past week she has been waking at 1.30am and then will not go back to sleep until 4-5am. I have no idea what is going on, nothing has changed.
    I have just spent an hour stroking her head in the cot and she just starts squeeling and wants to play. I got her up and gave her a feed and still not sleepy.
    I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. She doesn't stay awake this long during the day, she will be awake 1.5hrs max before a nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Between the age & what your little one is doing I'd say it's a leap, you're not doing anything wrong & don't change anything you're doing. If you haven't heard of leaps, Google "the wonder weeks" you can also get a free app on iPhone & I think android too. You will find your little ones sleeps will be disturbed & they will also become more fussy/clingy during these times. Both my little ones are great sleepers but everything goes out the window at these times, it's like clock work, hope that helps you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leighlu For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou. I have heard of them but haven't looked into it. Will have a look now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Randomly being awake in the middle of the night for hours has meant teething for both of my kids. They seem to be happy enough at these times but just won't go back to sleep! So frustrating.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has usually meant teething for my kids too. Ds3 got his 2 bottom teeth at the same time and went through what your describing at 6 months and now he is going through it again snd his top 2 are just about through.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep teething or a leap. DD often wakes randomly when she's about to master a new skill, she did it before starting to crawl & now doing the same starting to pull herself up to stand.
    Just when you think you can't take it anymore, bub will settle down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Given she's happy while she's awake I'd have to agree that teeth or a developmental leap seems the most likely explanation. Hang in there. Hopefully she'll be sleeping through again soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies.
    I got the wonder weeks app and she's in leap 5 apparently.
    She also seems to be teething. Her gum is quite white down the bottom and has all the signs.

I changed her routine a bit today and spaced her naps out more. She went to bed at 6pm and now I'm off to bed. Fingers crossed for an uneventful night