+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I group things how I want them bagged. I don't care if pantry items go in with f&v but I can't handle when they put meat in on top of f&v. Don't they know about meat juices?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes & it bugs me if the checkout operator messes it up.
    -cold stuff
    -veges
    -tins/jars/boxes
    -bread
    -cleaning/soap

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't use the same order all the time but I put similar types of things together. Had a lovely rant on the woollies FB page one day after the checkout dude reached over everything and packed random **** together. Grrr.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah I group how I want them bagged.

going shopping with DH drives me mental as he just dumps everything on the conveyor and doesnt care what gets bagged with what

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Yep, I have a system too

*All pantry items first..tins, cereal, flour, coffee, tea, pasta, rice, baby food/formula etc, etc

*All cleaning/bathroom/llaundry products/nappies

*Fruit and vege's

*Fridge/freezer items

*eggs/bread/bakery items last (squashed bread really pi$$es me off and I don't want to risk breaking the eggs).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I used to work at a supermarket and learnt the proper way to pack things so I put mine on the belt that way because they don't seem to teach checkout operators which things should go together anymore! Cleaning products first, then cold items, then anything else heavy like long life juice and cans, then heavy f&v, then light f&v, then small toiletries and finally fragile items like bread, taco shells or biscuits. I don't care what way items face, like with barcodes a certain way or anything but I'm certain that I don't want my canned tomatoes with my bread!
    This is me exactly. I also hate it if something i cant eat (ie laundry powder or cleaning products) is in a bag with stuff i can eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No real system.
    I don't purchase meat, bread or fruit and vegetables at the supermarket so notice to squash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, they all get grouped with like items together, heavy together, light together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeap i have an order. Meat, fruit/vege, milk and other cold items, snacky food/school stuff, sauces/dinner mixes etc, laundry stuff, frozen stuff, toilet paper and then eggs. I am very specific when i do my groceries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really order them much - the kids are usually "helping" put things on the belt so I am too busy ensuring they don't drop, open, throw things to care about what order things are in.