+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Follicle size at trigger

Hi all...I am currently doing an injectable ovulation induction cycle with Gonal F and Pregnyl. We will be moving onto IVF if this doesn't work so I am hoping all goes well!

I ovulate early, so at CD9 on Thursday morning I had a scan and found a dominant 20mm follicle in my right ovary, a 11mm on my left and a few smaller ones. The nurse didn't say anything about the 11mm follicle. Endo was 9mm and Eostrogen was 900 something so I triggered the following night (Friday). Temp, opks and cm lead me to believe I am ovulating today (Sunday) at CD12 which is when the docs expected it to happen.

My question is...is there any possibility that the 11mm follicle would have grown enough to be released too? I have had some pains on my left size.

I highly doubt we would ever have twins as I have high FSH and have had so many chemical pregnancies ...but it would be kind of nice to think that maybe there was double the chance of something sticking! but I really know nothing about this whole process so any info or experiences would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess anything is possible but I would think with e2 at 900 and 1 large follicle that's the only one ovulating. The other one would need to get to 20mm or so in only 3 days which I don't think is likely. Hopefully your OI cycle is a success!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Patience86  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you... I know it's a long shot...but hey..you never know