+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Rude - I would have said something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Rude - I would have said something.
    VicPark you've said so little...you must be feeling under the weather. ...isn't this stuff right up your alley

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    So...

...are we unanimous then?

*faints*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    So...

*faints*
    I'd say so! Eeeep! 😁

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DON'T.EVER.TOUCH.MY.GROCERIES!!!

Yes, with my OCD and anxieties I would have definitely said something. It is not okay to assume that the person behind you can take forever to do their groceries or that your time is more precious than theirs. Neither is it okay to shove someone else's groceries. If they were travelling together then they should have waited for each other or gone in a separate line. If my groceries weren't up yet and he only had a few things...and asked politely then sure, I would have said yes, no problem.

This comes with the disclaimer that I *may* have used my horn several times last week. In my defense though, it was either for safety or moronic reasons (ie. driver in between lanes driving at 20kph or someone sitting idle on their phone for some time instead of moving)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    So...

*faints*
    I'm trying hard to see "another side" to the story...*crickets chirping*

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Me too! But someone can usually find one :-)

I agree with you about touching my things by the way. Not. On.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do wonder though - are checkout assistants briefed in what to do in the case of a queue jumper? Are they instructed not to interfere unless it comes to watermelons being tossed about or is there a set protocol for dealing with such instances?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally, much like the woman who pushed in on me yesterday at the craft shop! My sil was served first meanwhile another woman struggling to keep 4 kids under control was also waiting so since I had one in a pram and a 3 year old who was actually behaving to two adults I let her go first. While I was waiting at the register an older lady wanders straight up between me and the register and put her stuff down - then starts asking questions about what product to use!!! Luckily they sent her off to find what she was after and I jumped in and got served and got out of there. I was in a good mood so didn't say anything. I prob wouldn't have said anything in your situation except to the checkout chick after they left.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @Little Ted i was never briefed on such situations when I was a checkout chick. Sometimes it's best not to say anything...its amazing what customers would yell at you for. I can imagine one of the older ladies I used to work with pulling him up and sending him to the back of the line. Haha. They were braver than me.

As for being unanimous...the only legit reason for him to do that I can think of is maybe he had a "saved" transaction at that checkout and he came back to pay it and decided to grab a few extra things in the process. People would often have saved transactions if they left their wallet at home.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

harvs  (14-06-2015),Little Ted  (14-06-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast