+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default small gestational sac for date

FET on 08 may...
    ..had my 1st ultrasound 09 june @ 7w2d based on my LMP.. however ultrasound showed only a gestational sac measuring 5w4d without any definitive structure inside.. both the fertility nurse & the sonographer said that i may not have a viable pregnancy.. this made me so sad yet im still very hopeful🙏🏼.. no cramping or spotting so far.. will be back on tues for follow up ultrasound...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blessie2015 I'm sorry to hear about your uncertainty. I'm having a scan today too to see if my Pregnancy is viable - I've had lots of bleeding.

I waiting is hard, and it's horrible being in limbo not knowing if it will progress or not.

Best of luck, nothing to do but wait unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's nothing worse than waiting for news. I had this exact thing happen a month ago Bessie, I was 6w2days, sac measured 5w2d. Follow up scans showed the sac hadn't grown much more in almost 2 weeks later, but I had bleeding for those 2 weeks and ended up miscarrying and bled for 4 weeks. Hopefully it's just a mistake in your dates maybe? Or bub could do a catch up grow (it's happened before)! If it is bad news, please know that your body will reject a pregnancy that isn't right and often it's a blessing in disguise. It's so hard to accept but it will come to you eventually. In the meantime, fingers crossed that all is ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default small gestational sac for date

Even if you have regular periods you can ovulate at funny times. Hopefully your dates are just wrong. At 5w 2d I think it's normal not to see much? I had a scan and the sac measured 6w 2d but they couldn't see a fetal pole or heartbeat or anything. Now 39 weeks along with no issues.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a scan at what I thought was 8w. The HR was too low for 8w, the sonographer told me to expect to lose the pregnancy over the weekend.
    A week later we went back in and he HR was 161!
    I had based off LMP but I must have O'd later as the bub was a week younger than we thought.
    She's now a tantrum chucking 19m old.
    Fingers crossed your little peanut is just a late bloomer too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing happen and unfortunately when I went back a week later the sac hadn't grown and I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I Lao had my hcg tested and it was sitting stationary at 30,000 instead of doubling like it should have been doing. Perhaps you can get some bloods done to let you know more while you wait. Fingers crossed for a different outcome xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going blessie? Just re read your post and realised you are doing ivf. I don't know much about it but your dates can't be wrong can they? How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you, ladies, for sharing your experiences too..
    had may 2nd ultrasound yesterday. gestational sac grew a week.. & a yolk sac was seen to but still no heartbeat (fetal pole was not mentioned)...
    my husband & i decided to wait it out..
    we'll book another US appointment after 2 weeks.. hoping not to miscarry..
    ..yes we had IVF.. my menstrual cycle is not 28 days.. it varies from month to month... would it affect FET's implantation? im not really sure.. i think they have counted mine based on a 28-day cycle...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure either, but the fact that the sac has grown is a good sign! Fingers crossed that all is well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

Blessie2015  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @MrsDL😘
    we're taking it as a good sign too..
    i've been reading posts from misdiagnosed miscarriage.. its given me a little comfort since i also have a retroverted uterus.. hopefully my little one is just hiding away in there somewhere😊..
    i will post an update here how it will turn out for us.. 🙏🏼🙏🏼

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessie2015 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-06-2015),twentysomething  (18-06-2015)