+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow 6k's that's great KiWolf! Certainly beats sitting at home and eating.

I went to pilates this am so I've been pretty good as I was out of the house. I had toast, fruit and tea for brekky. Then an hour or so ago I had left over roast pork and veggies (a decent sized bowl but not too excessive) and another cuppa. I can feel myself getting bored though, I'm craving something snacky. It's raining a bit outside though so I can't really get out. And I am a terrible housekeeper so it's not like I can get up and do housework rather than eat; it's very difficult for me to be motivated enough to do housework!

I really need to think of something I can do if I have nothing to do on a home day. If I sit at home, I eat. Maybe I should stop being so lazy and go for a walk sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Comfort/stress/binge eating

Here comes the part where I genuinely wonder if I have an eating disorder:

So today I had

A salad and a small slice of pudding for breakfast with coffee

A curried egg sandwhich for lunch

A big steak meal with veggies for dinner at my mums place

This all looks very normal- like an average persons day right? I was satisfied in terms of hunger at the end of this and came home to catch up on game of thrones.

The kids are at their dad's tonight- so I'm waiting for GOT to be ready and look around- I could hang out the washing on my indoor hangers- nah too tired- I could mop again? Nah-

Bored, alone, house is dead silent.

And it began...

Within 20 minutes I'd eaten:

A giant slice of pudding (double size)
    A full half of a large size avocado
    A glass of milk
    Another glass of milk with about 7 teaspoons milo.

This was all one after another straight after coming home from a huge meal- absolutely no way t was hunger- it all happened one thing straight after another and eaten really fast- and was all done within 20 minutes- I'm so full right now I literally feel like I'm going to be sick- and I couldn't stop myself- it's like a frenzie I go on to fill some sort of void.. Until I can't possibly do it anymore..

This isn't normal. And it's embarrassing to come out and show the world what I do because it's always been this thing I do in private only.. What's wrong with me?
    Last edited by KiWolf; 15-06-2015 at 19:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah. Boredom eater. That used (sometimes I fail) to be me. But now I start doing chores when I feel the need to eat. First I drink a huge glass of water. Then scrub or iron something. I'm currently sewing up hems by hand to avoid eating. It's killing me but I'm trying to persist.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    There are things I could have done instead - I know that, and I should have but it just simply didn't stop me :/

It started as "oh just a small price of pudding will be fine" and just once I started it went downhill from there. Now I can barely move I feel so sick after 20minutes of this.. I felt completely out of control during.

I worry about my health- both mental and physical- if I don't find a way to get on top of things.

First psych session tomorow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been following but I don't want to say too much because, well, demons. But it sounds to me like an eating disorder, namely binge eating. I'm no psychologist so obviously wait and see what your psych days, but yeah.... been there, bought the t-shirt. Still battling. What makes me think that is when you mentioned trying to fill a void. My feeling at the time is almost trance-like. Like my body is doing something of its own accord even though my rational brain is saying stop.

Good luck with the psych.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I very much can be like this but for me it starts out as emotional eating but the Ibthink it becomes a habit and I can't help myself. I do ok during the day, I either eat normaly or hardly at all but then after dinner/kids are in bed I binge.
    I know it's not healthy, I know what the problem is I just lack the self control right now to get it under control.

Good luck with your psych appt. I think I need to go back to mine as I was much more in control food wise whilst I was seeing her last time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Thank you Moxy- I know my behaviour, how it feels when I'm doing it and how out of control it is- I know how long it's been going on and I believe it certainly may be an eating disorder.

I've never really acknowledged it could be more than just a bad habit until so recently- but I'm seeing after so many attempts and failures to gain control and seeing it worsen to a daily thing- that I need more than just to "stop" or "try harder" I need help.

Thank you- I'm looking forward to getting a professional opinion so I can actually learn how to fight it x

I'm sorry to here you've been/are in the same boat- hope it's getting better for you.. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWolf View Post
    Thank you Moxy- I know my behaviour, how it feels when I'm doing it and how out of control it is- I know how long it's been going on and I believe it certainly may be an eating disorder.

I've never really acknowledged it could be more than just a bad habit until so recently- but I'm seeing after so many attempts and failures to gain control and seeing it worsen to a daily thing- that I need more than just to "stop" or "try harder" I need help.

Thank you- I'm looking forward to getting a professional opinion so I can actually learn how to fight it x

I'm sorry to here you've been/are in the same boat- hope it's getting better for you.. X
    I'll PM you, don't want to say anymore in public.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Failed today too- but I've brought it up with the psych at least. He believes from what I describe that I have a disorder.

Today was ...less? Of a fail. It's hard for me to gauge- but still not a win today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWolf View Post
    Failed today too- but I've brought it up with the psych at least. He believes from what I describe that I have a disorder.

Today was ...less? Of a fail. It's hard for me to gauge- but still not a win today.
    Hugs. Think of it this way, you now have a place to work from, something to work with. I had a good day today but it involved not eating anything at all between meals. Even after dinner, I wandered into the pantry and said out loud "don't eat, don't eat, don't eat", grabbed a piece of gum and walked out.

It's awful how much hard work it is. Baby steps are always a win.