+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can so relate. Big hugs. I am pregnant at the moment which for me is the only time my eating is normal. I have no idea why. I think I might try overeaters anonymous once this pregnancy is over. Have you heard of this? Not for everyone but I have a friend that has turned her life around on this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Comfort/stress/binge eating

This thread has given me some motivation to try again to be reasonable and moderate with my eating- thank you ladies.

Today I've had a bowl of porridge,

A black coffee,

A couple of yoghurt cheese balls and a bowl of home made chicken veg soup,

If I were counting weight watchers pro points that would add up to 15 so far.

I keep walking to the fridge or the pantry out of habit and then stopping myself and saying to myself "no, eating now is actually going to make you feel sluggish and lethargic. You don't need it".

Every time I try to watch what I eat I end up becoming obsessed with food and spend every moment thinking about what is next on the menu- it's stressful and it leads to bingeing.

I am hoping that this time I can try to focus on other things I am trying to achieve like a craft project or keeping the house tidy or maintaining the garden, and just do that other thing more instead of obsessing about food all the time. I'd like to count weight watchers points because I know it works- but I'd like to feel relaxed and at ease about it. That's what I need to learn.

How's everyone going today?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today is going to be hard as I've been baking for my daughters party next week. I have passion fruit creams, gingernut creams, chocolate croissants, mini quiches and fish cakes all in my house.

Arrrrrrggghhhhh.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I find I eat mostly out of boredom and from thirst, I always feel hungry but never thirsty, I have to make a conscious effort to remind myself to drink something otherwise I eat and eat and can't figure out why I'm "hungry" when really my body is desperately wanting fluids.

It's a bad habit I've always had, I desperately need to lost 10-15kgs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See today I've been busy. So I've only had crumpets and tea for breakfast, and 3 slices of toasty bread with caramelised balsamic and pistachio dukkah (yummmm) for lunch and another cup of tea.
    I'm only just starting to get a bit hungry now as I have a roast pork in the oven and it smells nice.

So it's not like I always have a huge appetite. I just get bored. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    I find I eat mostly out of boredom and from thirst, I always feel hungry but never thirsty, I have to make a conscious effort to remind myself to drink something otherwise I eat and eat and can't figure out why I'm "hungry" when really my body is desperately wanting fluids.

It's a bad habit I've always had, I desperately need to lost 10-15kgs.
    I wonder if this is me too. I don't drink anything, except tea. And I never feel thirsty. I know it's a bad habit but I honestly forget to drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I wonder if this is me too. I don't drink anything, except tea. And I never feel thirsty. I know it's a bad habit but I honestly forget to drink.
    I'm the same, when I keep eating and I finally remember to drink something, the "hunger" goes instantly.

I also am an emotional eater though and I know it, trying to break the habit but it is so hard, feels like my days revolve around food when I have no plans and Dd and I are just hanging out at home. I'm hoping next month when I'm studying at a campus and I'm pre-occupied with that and Dd that I won't have time to over eat.

I also always tend to make healthy food choices when I'm in public alone (shopping for example) because I'm self conscious about eating in public, it's really strange how food and eating can be such an emotional thing but it is for some people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    All these updates are helping me feel normal

I haven't eaten since 9 last night - because I'm doing my glucose tolerance test today (19minutes into my first hour) I am going to be so hungry by the end of this!!! :P

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi kiwolf. I don't have any understanding of these eating 'habits' , but I have read of a woman who battled anorexria for about 30 years. after a lot of counselling, she traced the beginnings of it to a comment from her grandmother when she was about 12. Her grandmother just said she thought she was too fat for the brand new shorts she was wearing. I wonder if these eating 'disorders' could be traced back to a beginning point, and then you might be able to find a way to stop. I wonder if that would be any help. marie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Comfort/stress/binge eating

Thanks Super Granny I absolutely believe habits form from a starting point and that it's only by forming new ones one day at a time instead of an all or nothing mentality that can really work. I have a lot of reasons this may have formed and worsened over time but I think with the psych sessions and a constant mental effort I can turn quite a few things around including eating habits I'm sure you're right! I'm not sure what the defined starting point might have been (there could be so many tbh!) but I think life factors and my reacting habits have definitely developed in the wrong direction in terms of healthy eating.

I had a salad, slice of pudding for late after fast breakfast and a coffee- I also went on a (leisurely) 6k walk to the park and back with my dog. I did this more for the sunshine, mental help and for my doggy than for the idea that I need to exercise- but it sure would make a difference for today and is a healthy habit-

I'm heading to my cousins now to give her a 21st present- one day at a time!

How is everyone else going?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (15-06-2015)