+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Subbing as both my kids start for the first time in 3 weeks and I'm freaking out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DP thinks I'm being silly being so worried 😔 he just found out he might be working the day DS starts childcare. That will scare me so much.
    I do know not to cry until DS can't see me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you've got it all under control I promise you he will be fine! I was terrified just like you. My DD was 2 when she started and had rarely been with anyone else, I had also been a single mum for the most part so it had only ever been me & her. She loved it! There has never been a single tear. Sometimes they surprise you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I remember the feeling of leaving DS in childcare for the first time. It was heart breaking for me.

DH was fine but that's because he was used to being apart from DS.

I agree with PPs. At this age, the transition is mainly for you. Your DS will be perfectly fine.

You should really tell all your concerns to your center. they have heard it all before and will be able to put your mind at rest.
    It's a good way to test their communications skills too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD started full time daycare at 15 months. It was incredibly hard but she got used to it (no choice, I had to work). She's 3 now and LOVES it. Our daycare has a real family feel to it and she has really bonded with her kinder teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amcyus View Post
    Sounds like you've got it all under control I promise you he will be fine! I was terrified just like you. My DD was 2 when she started and had rarely been with anyone else, I had also been a single mum for the most part so it had only ever been me & her. She loved it! There has never been a single tear. Sometimes they surprise you!
    I don't feel like it but thanks! Lol. I'm really hoping that's how DS goes. He's so cruisy now I think he will forget about us n go off and play lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Oh I remember the feeling of leaving DS in childcare for the first time. It was heart breaking for me.

DH was fine but that's because he was used to being apart from DS.

I agree with PPs. At this age, the transition is mainly for you. Your DS will be perfectly fine.

You should really tell all your concerns to your center. they have heard it all before and will be able to put your mind at rest.
    It's a good way to test their communications skills too
    See that's why I think DP thinks it's going to be easy, he goes to work for 12 hour shifts so he's used to it. I'm so not lol he's like my shadow!

That's very true, thank you for that tip. We are seeing the main carer on Thursday for a short orientation and then hoping to start him the Monday. The carer I spoke to on the phone seemed so lovely! Said that I was panicking about it and she said oh mums not ready but DS is, she said that he would love it and I'd love the break lol I've gone in a few times with DS and the carers are lovely, but I think on Thursday I will voice all my concerns and see how they go with the anxious first time mum lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My DD started full time daycare at 15 months. It was incredibly hard but she got used to it (no choice, I had to work). She's 3 now and LOVES it. Our daycare has a real family feel to it and she has really bonded with her kinder teacher.
    The childcare here is small, about 20 kids max. So that's the feel I get too. Very close family feel. Which will be great because it's a small town so it's hopefully going to have that feel lol

I really hope he enjoys it! I'm just so nervous lol I'm shocking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know how he goes! I was exactly the same as you, it's very normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amcyus View Post
    Let us know how he goes! I was exactly the same as you, it's very normal
    I certainly will 😊 we have had to push out his orientation and start date out to not next week but the week after, unfortunately we've had a death in the family and need some time to deal with it and the centre have been absolutely wonderful and understanding to let us push it out for a little bit.