+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High risk for Down syndrome

Hi, I'm 18, weighs 54kg and pregnant with my second child. My bhcg- 0.482 MoM
    My PAPP-A- 0.624 MoM.
    The ultrasound did not pick up a nasal bone. There is short femoral length 57mm ( where it should be closer to 70mm) . I am due the 20/12/2015 and I'm 12 weeks 5 days. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi not too sure what you were wanting help on but couldn't read and not say something. I'm pregnant with #2 also although am 32. I also have low hcg and very low papp-a and was classed high risk for trisomy 18. It's very distressing when you hear you have these risks. Have you been offered further diagnostic testing?
    Due to the seriousness of trisomy 18 and it being classed as not compatible with life, my dh and i chose to have an amniocentesis to give us a definite answer on whether or not our baby has a chromosomal abnormality. It was an agonising 3 week wait between the nuchal translucency combined screening test and the amnio, and then a further 10 days to get the results. Thankfully we got the all clear.
    If it is something that is really worrying you and you cannot bear to wait until the morph scan at 18-20 weeks to see if baby is physically ok further testing would probably be a good option. It will give you the answers you need and help you to decide what to do next. Yes there are risks, but for us it was worth the risk to put our mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Hi not too sure what you were wanting help on but couldn't read and not say something. I'm pregnant with #2 also although am 32. I also have low hcg and very low papp-a and was classed high risk for trisomy 18. It's very distressing when you hear you have these risks. Have you been offered further diagnostic testing?
    Due to the seriousness of trisomy 18 and it being classed as not compatible with life, my dh and i chose to have an amniocentesis to give us a definite answer on whether or not our baby has a chromosomal abnormality. It was an agonising 3 week wait between the nuchal translucency combined screening test and the amnio, and then a further 10 days to get the results. Thankfully we got the all clear.
    If it is something that is really worrying you and you cannot bear to wait until the morph scan at 18-20 weeks to see if baby is physically ok further testing would probably be a good option. It will give you the answers you need and help you to decide what to do next. Yes there are risks, but for us it was worth the risk to put our mind at ease.
    Hi im just wondering what your ratio was, im currently awaiting results from my amniocentesis done on friday due to high risk of trisomy 18 my ratio came back 1:233 and im stressed out to the max...mine also was due to low papp-a in blood test results. Im was told i would get some results back tomorrow for the fish test which will give us some sort of indication. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyof389 View Post
    Hi im just wondering what your ratio was, im currently awaiting results from my amniocentesis done on friday due to high risk of trisomy 18 my ratio came back 1:233 and im stressed out to the max...mine also was due to low papp-a in blood test results. Im was told i would get some results back tomorrow for the fish test which will give us some sort of indication. Thank you
    Hi! My risk was 1:138. We got our negative result for the trisomy 18 the next day after the amnio which was a HUGE relief!! And then 10 days later for the full results.
    I cried for 2 days straight when i was told my risk factor, i was absolutely devastated. What i failed to realize at the time is that it was a screening test - i just completely shut down and thought i was going to lose my baby.
    I wish you luck on your results!! Please let me know how you go!! Hugs and positive vibes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive shut down over the past 2 weeks hubby said he is concerned about me but i think this is my way of dealing with whats happening and my stress levels...im absolutely terrified ill loose this baby i will hopefully get my fish results back today and i haven't been able to sleep tonight. I just want to know my baby is okay....i feel (mothers instinct) that baby is fine but deep down i think what if I'm wrong and that im just keeping my hopes up to high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor hasn't told me my ratio of chance. I have been referred to to get further tests done. At my ultrasound I got told I was high risk cause there was no sign of a nasal bone and the length of the thigh part and fluid around the baby's neck. I am so worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everything will be okay i have my fingers and toes crossed ....im still awaiting results here

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got results...it came back negative so i have a healthy little girl on board 😄

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummyof389 For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (16-06-2015),snowqu33n  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyof389 View Post
    We got results...it came back negative so i have a healthy little girl on board 😄
    That is fantastic news!! So happy for you!! 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Saaraah1997 View Post
    My doctor hasn't told me my ratio of chance. I have been referred to to get further tests done. At my ultrasound I got told I was high risk cause there was no sign of a nasal bone and the length of the thigh part and fluid around the baby's neck. I am so worried.
    Oh honey i really feel for you. The only advice i can give is to definitely look into diagnostic testing like amniocentesis or cvs for answers on whether or not your baby has any chromosomal abnormalities. Having been given such a high risk dh and i knew we could not go through the rest of the pregnancy not knowing. It was the best decision we made because we got the all clear and i could finally start enjoying the pregnancy. In the weeks between the nuchal translucency combined screening test and getting the results of the amnio i lost almost 4kg just from the stress. It does make you sick to your stomach.