+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dip. Early Childhood Education

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking into doing the Dip. Of Early Childhood Education soon and just wondering if anyone knows how far into the course do you do your first lot of placement?
    My youngest is starting school next year so I was hoping it would be a little while into the course to make it easier juggling everything.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this the graduate diploma? I did mine in 2009, and from memory the first placement was one day a week from quite early on (may have been as early as week 2 of semester one), then a full two weeks towards the end of semester one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Tafe diploma or uni graduate diploma?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tafe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Probably best to ask the tafe you are looking at.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dip. Early Childhood Education

It's early on I'm pretty sure you complete 200 ish hours of prac throughout the year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I know it's 240hrs of placement and I had a look at the on campus course and it was 2 days a week for first term then one day and week on campus and one day a week placement for terms 2-6.
    Was thinking of doing it off campus while my youngest is still home with me but I could possibly change his kinder days to suit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would it be easier for you to complete on campus or all at home besides prac?
    It's very in depth now they've updated it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure I know I could do it at home. When I did my dip of nursing I did it all at home and went on campus to do Prac. I found on campus to be good as the teachers could explain things in different ways for people to get a better understanding. I could definitely handle 2 days a week but would have to juggle until next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, hard decision to make. I'm about to redo mine I'm choosing to do it all by correspondence and l currently work full time as a pre school teacher.