Closed Thread
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry Emski that this was a BFN, sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward though. Good luck with it all. *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72, sorry to hear about your BFN
    @Skyler, I've become a bit alienated from lots of friends too, many people just don't seem to get it
    @Luckyme1, we looked into intercountry adoption a while back, even before we started IVF (DH and I aren't Caucasian, there are open programs with countries with our ethnicity, and we thought it might be a good backup plan) However, it's very difficult - we put in our application, there was a phone interview and then we waited about a year and a half to be invited to a seminar. We did the seminar, and they spent pretty much the whole time trying to convince the people there for intercountry adoption to do long term local fostering. We came out of the seminar thinking it would be simpler just to do DE overseas.
    @Killarneygirl, congratulations on your BFP!

@McGBertie, @Chiefsgirl, @Bongley, @Twocam @tuxcat BiB, leisylou, mrsmac and anyone else I've forgotten.

I'll have to figure out how to change the roll call - this most recent cycle was my 12th. Apart from that, just waiting for my scan in a few weeks time. It's quite weird, I don't have any symptoms at all, but I did with DD.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),Chiefsgirl  (15-06-2015),emski72  (14-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015),Summer  (16-06-2015),winsor  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat 100mg's (1 tab) a day of Baby Aspirin Luv Ok, 375IU is a reasonable amount. I know high stim's don't agree with me. Tried it on Cycle 4 and *told* WDA I wanted to go back down to 300IU for Cycle 5 which I did until the last few days where he bumped me up to 400IU

So will your FS not try a combination of Menopur/Gonal-F or Puregon like I did?? for a good haul of eggs this upcoming Cycle and that the immune protocol gets you over the line Luv

@SpringRain Good to hear that all's well thus far Luv Have you had any more BT's to keep an eye on things until your scan or would that just cause anxiety for you??

Hello to all the other Lovelies...... Hope you've all had a great weekend!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (14-06-2015),winsor  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    I don't know if you have ever looked into intercountry or local adoption.
    My two eldest are intercountry adoptees, L was conceived while our 3rd adoption application was in train - we had some time up our sleeve & thought we'd have a crack at fertility treatment before we got to the point where we had to sign on the dotted line to say we had officially stopped TTC.

So yes it's a hard, long road & (depending on yr state) local adoption is often faster and cheaper unless you have a connection to a country & qualify for an expedited program (ie: China, Hong Kong, SriLanka). And being in yr 40s isn't a problem for many countries, whereas birth mothers within Aust will often choose younger couples. OK off my soapbox!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sorry to hear emski72 I hope you can try again soon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

emski72  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    congrats on resigning tuxcat & I'm glad you had a celebration. I hope your hangover has cleared now. we've got the appt with the nurses this friday then I think we're just waiting for next af to arrive to start a new medicated cycle, which could be around 1st july. I went to an exercise class today & it felt good. will prob be sore tomorrow though! am going tues night too. I know we're not meant to do too much exercise during cycles, so I'm just easing into it. I think having a stronger body will help once I get pregnant. (that's the theory anyway) we're trying naturally in the meantime. no luck yet (last month), but you never know.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-06-2015),Skyler  (15-06-2015),tuxcat  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @winsor The beginning of July will be here before you know it Luv!!! Doing some exercise is just fine and anyway, I reckon it helps you feel better mentally/emotionally as well as physically when you're Cycling and in the 2WTorture. I can promise you it will help with your recovery after you've had the baby too

you get there either naturally or with this upcoming Cycle in July!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

winsor  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind words Bongley, BIB, Chiefsgirl, Tuxat and Skyler.

Bongley I have never done phd testing on embryos before. We had 4 tested from our cycle in February and 2 came back normal. I have had a miscarriage tested before which came back chromosomaly normal so I am hoping that this most recent one had an issue.

I have had one counselling session which has helped a bit. It’s going to sound odd but my fear is becoming pregnant again so I need to work through that.

Skyler I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling emotionally and I am glad that you have sought help and are doing things for yourself.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015),Bongley  (16-06-2015),Skyler  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is travelling well. Trying to catch up on where everyone is up to, but there's so much going on! A few of you tripping overseas by the looks of things, how exciting! I will have to read back, but things here move so quick, not sure how long it will take me to catch up on 5 months!
    As for me, cycle #6 underway. Go in for frozen transfer on Wednesday. Have organised a few days off work as it is the most stressful place at the moment (put it this way, if I wasn't doing ivf & maybe needing the maternity leave, I'd be looking elsewhere for a job). Feeling very anxious about the transfer after mc. Just trying to get to Wednesday without having a panic attack 😳

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-06-2015),Summer  (16-06-2015),winsor  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Petal40 Good Luck for Wed Luv!!! for a sticky BFP!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (15-06-2015)