Closed Thread
Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    THANKS to all of you on this thread for helping to pick me up when I've been down- Tuxcat, Leisylou, Blonde, Bongley, Mustremainpositive and ALL OF YOU. You're the best!
    Lol Tuxcat sounds like you had a great night, good on you And thank you so much for your advice and support. I think as you suggested I do need to get back to the counsellor and do some meditation and yoga. Something has got to change with my brainwaves. DH said I was talking in my sleep last night which I never have before.

MustRemain Positive I'm so sorry your egg did not fertilise properly. It's a big deal reaching the end of you OE journey. You seem very optimistic and I hope au naturale works for you, if not DE's. Wish I could be as optimistic as you.

Leisylou, hi, no DE are not for us. Our heart just is not in it. I would not have the energy to pursue it and go through all the hurdles for something I don't really want. I'm pushing it just getting through normal life as it is. How are you coping with the TWW? Hoping there's an embie in there just getting comfortable.

Emski, I'm so sorry you have a BFN after such a huge effort and all the travel.

Bongley, know what you mean about losing friends. I feel so alienated. This morning we met my sister, her DH and their three kids at the cafe at the end of my street. My neighbour was there with two of her three kids as well. My sister and my neighbour both had their cutsie little designer dogs with them as well, picture perfect families, kids in soccer gear. Made me feel like crap and the odd one out. Good luck getting all the ducks to line up with this DE cycle.

Emerald I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's so hard. Planning a big overseas trip does help a bit as a distraction. Yes I've got to see the colorectal surgeon because the gyno thinks he will need his assistance in getting all the endo out. So do you have embies that tested normal on pgd?

Killarneygirl congratulations and don't feel guilty posting about your success. We need to know that it does happen.

Hi Chiefsgirl, Leyshoja, Blonde, Winsor and everyone else.

AFM, my emotional state is not good and i know it, so next week it's back to the counsellor, looking up a meditation course and trying to have a balanced life. Tuxcat it's not a good time for me to quit work outright but hopefully i can tone it down a bit after June. Til the end of June I have to do a bit of study but once that's over I'll be less stressed.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-06-2015),Bongley  (13-06-2015),Killarneygirl  (17-06-2015),Summer  (16-06-2015),tuxcat  (14-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All - I just fixed that Roll Call up, as the one posted by the mods for this new thread was from months ago, but this one on page one should be correct now.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 13-06-2015 at 18:49.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-06-2015),Bongley  (13-06-2015),emski72  (13-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015),tuxcat  (14-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat Tied one on last night hey Luv?? Good stuff!!! "Hangover Hell" the next day is never fun!! Hope you've well and truly recuperated and rehydrated!!

@Skyler Oh Luv I'm glad you've got the insight to know you need to get back to your Counsellor to help you get back on an even keel Sounds like there's some work stress there as well which can't be helping and only compounding everything things will settle down for you once the month's out.

@Leisylou Here's some for you Luv!!! Hope you're enjoying your snuggles in front of the heater with your furbabies!!! there's a "winning embryo" rolling down into your oven as I type and you win the "BFP Lotto" this month!!

@MGC Bertie Thanks for doing that Luv, very much appreciated

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015),Summer  (16-06-2015),tuxcat  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hugs Skyler I hope you feel better soon. take care

8. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Skylar

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thinking of you Skyler, this road is tough. I'm glad you're going to talk with someone, I always found saying things out loud to someone impartial really helped. Very cathartic.
    Tuxcat good for you for having a bender, sometimes you've just got to talk $hit with your friends and blow out the cobwebs. Congrats on resigning too.

Thanks for the comiserations on my FET, as I say DE are not a magic bullet, so I'm OK - just waiting to hear if our original donor will cycle for us again in Oct. She is pregnant and due in June, so I think unlikely but you never know. The agency is asking her now so we are waiting to hear back. If she says no then its a new Donor and I could potentially go sooner, its up to DHs work as he has some travel on in the next couple of months.
    I can feel AF coming on and I think it's going to be a doozy after almost a month of progynova ... Still waiting on BT results to 'close the door' on this cycle...then its a nice bottle of pinot and a trashy movie for me!
    Last edited by emski72; 14-06-2015 at 04:46.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),Corbes  (15-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015),Summer  (16-06-2015),tuxcat  (14-06-2015),winsor  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski huge hugs hun. I know you are ridiculously logical about all this, but my heart still is still a little bit broke on your behalf xxx I'm sure E is keeping you on yr toes & not able to think too much?

Skylar good luck going forward. Perhaps ilocal or intercountry adoption or long-term fostering for you? Good idea to alk things thru with someone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twocam

I don't know if you have ever looked into intercountry or local adoption. It is pretty hard if close to impossible if you are over 40. Has anyone else has the same thoughts when looking into it?

Long term fostering is an option though. I would encourage it if you like kids and hanging out with them, the chances of a permanent placement is a lot higher than IVF at my age!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015),Twocam  (14-06-2015),winsor  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 I am so sorry bfn's suck

It mustbe something in the air this weekend. I had a melt down last night while talking to a friend in NZ about moving on to de. I had a cpl of rums and that was it a blubbering mess on the kitchen floor! I'm not practiced at drinking anymore either as I don't remember going to bed - after 2 drinks!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),Emerald26  (15-06-2015),emski72  (14-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015),tuxcat  (14-06-2015),winsor  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok my brain is back to normal capacity today i think

@leyshoja awesome news that CT is all set to go!! So hoping this is your lucky Embie! Will they do a double transfer?

@BlondeinBrisvegas as for FSH we are doing 375 which is what I usually do. I know they don’t like going higher than that and although Ive had varied results with it, it seems that the 2nd half of the year I tend to have better cycles with more eggs. So Im hoping this is what will happen in July!! So the main differences will be an antibiotic at EPU and the clex/aspirin after transfer. Do you know what dose of aspirin it should be? Ive got clexane left over so will use that. After everything last time Im happy to keep it fairly simple. Its all too raw still !!!

@Leisylou how are you doing? I like the sound of that baby dream, hoping its a sign!! What day are you up to? Whens blood test?

@Bongley Yes I saw Elle. We had been seeing her way before IVF privately and have always found her great. She’s pretty conservative, everything has to be proven through a proper amount and quality of clinical trials etc before she’s buying into it, I guess thats why I have sometimes also been frustrated as she’s not a "try everything it cant hurt" kind of Dr. She’s a lovely person and is always thorough. I really relate to what you said to Skyler about your friends and not being able to relate. Ive shut off from my oldest friends for the most part as it feels like the only thing everyone talks about is their kids. Sometimes the only thing people can think to ask me about is work because they don’t want to bring up the baby thing. My best friend falls apart when we do see each other - she cant control her grief for me and it sh!its me to tears. I cant handle it so I mostly avoid her. When I was in hospital she was like “oh you poor poor thing” like I’m constantly the poor victim. So I guess I have anger and some resentment towards people who’s lives seem to be wonderful. I know the truth isn’t that simple but they honestly don’t know how frucked it is to be in my shoes. People just have no idea how bad it is.

@MGC Bertie thanks for doing the list! Have you been baby shopping yet? Have you decided on a name? So exciting..

@Skyler Im glad to hear you’ve got some plans in place. I actually dropped down to 4 days a week at my work, initially because my dad was dying and I wanted to spend some time with him, and its been the best thing I could have done (2nd to resigning!!!). Its just given me some more me time and felt like I had a bit more control over my life instead of feeling so trapped by infertility and IVF as its not easy to change jobs whilst going through that. I hope you find some balance.

@Chiefsgirl sorry to hear about your meltdown. Completely to be expected, sometimes after you deal with all the practical stuff is when the emotional side comes out. Grieve as much as you need to.

@Winsor how are you going? Where are you at with IVF stuff?

Hi to everyone else

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-06-2015),Skyler  (14-06-2015),winsor  (14-06-2015)