Closed Thread
Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mrsmac123 so will the FISH report tomorrow give you a definitive answer? That must have been so emotional seeing your baby and not knowing........
    for tomorrow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @mrsmac123 Yes, but you see, the NIPT testing is taking placental cells (the cells that make the placenta) that circulate in the mothers blood and not the actual DNA of the foetus (the cells that go on to make the baby) itself plus there's the risk of Mosaicism occurring too (though that can also happen with a CVS).

Here's a link that might explain a bit better:
    http://www.downsyndromeprenataltesti...etal-dna-isnt/

Which is another reason I was dubious about the accuracy of it for women in our age group with OE BFP's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitive answer for all the things CVS test for which is not as many as amnio but includes T18 T13 etc...well there is a slight chance that the FISH does not match final results but DR said like 2 in the world..having said that you cannot do anything until final results are in so it must mean something...and there is a 4% chance of mosaicism...where placenta shows some good cells with no extra 21 and bad cells which do which means that maybe placenta has the extra chromosome and not baby and you have to wait for amnio..i think there might be other reasons for mosaicism so its not really a good thing its more inconclusive

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-06-2015),Bongley  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes BIB and that mosaicism has been my only hope really...that thats what the NIPS detected and there is no way it can tell you that...whereas CVS can tell you ...thats whats happened

Dr Carmody said this happens to the placenta because it grows so fast the cells replicate extremely fast so can cause the extra chromosome too out of interest

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-06-2015),Skyler  (23-06-2015),tuxcat  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck @mrsmac123, there's hope yet !! Sounds much more hopeful now..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-06-2015),Skyler  (23-06-2015),tuxcat  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG mrsmac I hope today's results mean something POSITIVE for you. It just shows this whole thing is not an exact science. No test is perfect, the more sensitive the test, the more false positives?! At least there is some hope now that your baby is not DS although I can understand not getting your hopes up yet. It must have been amazing seeing him moving around.

Chiefsgirl, I'm feeling for you. I was having a similar sleep problem recently, getting to sleep ok then waking up in the middle of the night. And it was a sign of anxiety. Take care of yourself, you're going through the wringer.

Leyshoja, glad you got that synarel, geez what a run around. Can't believe the story of your DH's 45 year old cousin!!!! Why can't it happen to one of us?!

Hi Tuxcat, Blonde, Leisylou and everyone else. Sorry I haven't acknowledged all off you individually, I'm knackered after my day trip to RPA to see the colorectal surgeon. He was really nice and charming and put me at ease, talked about his animals for the first 5 minutes! And I gave him some advice! So I'm a bit less stressed and upset than I have been lately. I'm still none to happy about wasting 3 months on Dr's appointments but what can I do. Surgery July 11th here I come.
    Last edited by Skyler; 23-06-2015 at 19:12.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-06-2015),Chiefsgirl  (23-06-2015),Luckyme1  (24-06-2015),tuxcat  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weird my earlier post disappears I re-write it and it reappears...
    Last edited by Skyler; 23-06-2015 at 21:37.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Mrsmac, I'm not quite sure I understand what happened but it sounds like there is hope. Praying for you.

Still jabbing, blood test tomorrow, feeling really tired and had a headache yesterday. This is really exhausting with two kids, I've only got one stim cycle in me.

I feel a bit crazy doing this with two kids, and I feel people will judge me negatively but I just always wanted three kids. I am blessed so I am definitely stopping after this. I'm glad in a way that this process has helped me come to peace with the end of my fertility.

I wish my life had been different and I had left my first husband sooner at 32 and hadn't given him his requested two years before we started trying and then at the end of that he changed his mind anyway. I wish, I had left him even earlier when I was 30 but I can't change that, and now time to move on. I wish my DH and I had started a year earlier, (but we were pretty quick anyway, a bit under two years after going steady). Aah life eh, no regrets, I think we'll all go to our grave with regrets.

Sorry for the ramble, hope everyone is having a good evening.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-06-2015),Skyler  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsMac goodness the whole testing is a nightmare isn't it? So much stress and no definitive answer until today. I am hoping against hope that it is all OK, and I will be thinking of you today.

AFM, very stark white BFN today at 13dpo so I'm out this month. Such a lot of time, effort, money, stress and illness for no result. But you've all been there, so I'm not alone. Not sure what I'll do now for next month seeing as I'm fairly unwell with what I suspect is hypothyroidism. Off for a thyroid ultrasound today and am seeing my GP tomorrow. I hate this. I think I'm done.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-06-2015),Skyler  (24-06-2015),tuxcat  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Leisylou it is horrible isn't it. I feel exhausted and headachy. And to have all that pain and money spent for nothing seems pointless. I can understand feeling done.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-06-2015),Skyler  (24-06-2015),Summer  (24-06-2015)