Closed Thread
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #14

I had to take to take a break from the forum a few weeks. I have read back on the last thread and hope i have everything right.

Bongley and Chiefsgirl. I am glad you have found donors and everything seems to be progressing well. Leyshoja I am also glad you have found a donor and I hope all the issues you are having get resolved and you can cycle soon.

Leisylou I hope IUI does the trick for you. You certainly have a good lining and your husband has good sperm so fingers crossed this is it for you.

BIB sorry to hear you were unwell in hospital. I hope you are now 100% better.

Tuxcat congratulations on going through with the decision to quit your job. I quit a toxic work environment once. It was nerve wracking but as soon as I handed in my notice, I felt immense relief and knew I had made the right decision. I am glad to hear your appointment with RPA was really positive and you can do a cycle without any negativity from your work.

Skyler I know exactly how you feel. I am having the same thoughts as you and I said to my husband I want to go overseas in May to just get away and focus on the future and there just being the 2 of us. I’m glad you sought a second opinion and they have done some further investigation. Do you need to see the colorectal surgeon before you gynae surgery to see if the colorectal surgeon can fix it instead of the gynae, or do you think you will need 2 surgeries?

mustremainpositive I am sorry the embryo fertilised abnormally and that is it for your eggs. Sounds like you have a good plan in place with donor eggs.

Emski I am sorry about your BFN.

Fudge I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

AFM, I had another blood test for my thyroid in April. The TSH had been low a few months before and it was still low so my FS referred me to an endocrinologist. She said I had subclinical hyperthyroidism and wanted me to have more blood tests and to do a nuclear scan. She didn’t think it was the cause of my miscarriages but wants to work out what my issue is. She told me to do a pregnancy test before the scan just in case. Anyway the morning of the scan I did a hpt and it came up positive. After 3.5 years we had fluked a natural conception. We were told given my husband’s low sperm count a natural conception would be highly unlikely. We were so shocked. I didn’t know whether to go to my gp or call my FS. Anyway I called my FS who faxed a blood test form to my nearest path place. He then called me to say the numbers looked good and to do a repeat in a week. Anyway I had a repeat test and still on track so he told me to have an ultrasound at 7 weeks and then weekly scans as studies had shown for women with recurrent miscarriage, this can reduce it or something. Anyway I had to think but thought I was about 90% sure when I would have ovulated so booked it in for when I thought I would be 7 weeks. I went in and was measuring 5 days behind. Heartbeat was good but I had a feeling of dread. Anyway we went back a week later and the heart had stopped 2 days before. I had a curette a week later. I really didn’t want another one but I also didn’t want to wait weeks for the miscarriage to happen. I asked for genetic testing to be done. We have an appointment with our FS in a week so I will see what the results are then. I am hoping it is chromosomal as all my blood tests and biopsies have come back ok. After the scan I said to my husband I was done. I said I can’t cope with seeing the flickering heartbeat then no heartbeat at the next scan. He gave me a few days and then told me that we have the 2 frozen embryos that have been pgd tested and if we discard them I will always have regrets. He is right, I am just so scared to do this again.
    Last edited by Emerald26; 12-06-2015 at 17:02.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-06-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 oh my god, I thought this was your natural miracle conception story at first, I'm so sorry for your loss. No wonder you feel knocked about. Perhaps you need a bit more time to grieve? Have you transferred PGD tested embies previously?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Emerald26 I remember when you posted about your BFP Luv...I'm so terribly sorry for you and your DH's loss

It's so terribly unfair after everything you've been through I agree with @Bongley that perhaps having a little time out to grieve and maybe even seek some counselling down the track might give you the courage to try again with your PGD tested embryo's

Because your frosties are on ice, there's no immediate rush to transfer them Luv. If it takes a few months or so to start healing your hurt and your heart, then that's ok. As trite as it sounds, time will perhaps give you the distance and space you need to get clarity again, to regroup and not to mention recover. Maybe after that you'll feel stronger and be willing to try again

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening everyone,

I haven't posted in ages, since around March when I was doing my one and only FET. I have been reading along daily and cheering you all on from the sidelines and commiserating when needed. It's such a tough avenue to parenthood for so many of you. I have been extremely lucky to have had one IVF baby already, Farron turned two on Saturday. the FET was successful thankfully but I felt guilty posting. I myself had a miscarriage in January and have been on tenterhooks since finding out I was pregnant again. Being older I have worried about something being genetically wrong etc. we opted to have GeneSyte carried out through Sydney Ultrasound for women and found out this week that the baby is healthy as far as they are concerned, no further invasive testing recommended. It's a relief as we had to have a cvs with my dd as she was very high risk for Downs. Anyway I am now 11 weeks and 4 days and please god I will have an uneventful pregnancy from here on out.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 I am so sorry for your loss. I too was reading and became so excited and then so devastated for you.

Nothing I can say will make it better for you, but I think your dh is right, if you don't try with your forties you might have regrets. take the time to grieve and give your body time to recover before you try a fet though, a cpl of months will make a huge difference to everything xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Killarneygirl never feel bad about posting positive news! No matter how down and out we all feel with our own news it is always a motivation to us when we hear if successes!

I'm so glad you're at 11 weeks and everything is progressing well, 👍👏👏👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉 do please keep us updated as you go through your big milestones so we can celebrate with you xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Killarneygirl Congrat's to the both of you Luv!!! That's fantastic news that bub's results have come back low risk Do you know what you're having??

I agree with @Chiefsgirl You don't have to feel guilty though I do understand where you're coming from Luv. I'm sorry to hear about your MC earlier this year as well, but for the silver lining that is this baby you've got on board

Good Luck and know that you're welcome over on the Over 40's Preggo/Parenting thread too anytime you like. Am all the Lovelies here end up over there before the year is out!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right @Killarneygirl, any positive news just gives me more motivation and hope ! Congratulations and here's to an uneventful pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Emerald26 Im so sorry to hear about your mc. Its just devastating when it happens time and time again. I hope you are recovering from everything as much as possible and sending you huge hugs that the frosties will bring you better luck.

@emski72 so sorry to see your FET was a BFN. So sh!t !!! hope you are doing ok

@Killarneygirl wonderful news!! Its always good to hear that things are going great for someone who's been here. Keep us posted and hoping everything continues to run smoothly

Ive forgotten whats been happening the past couple of days as I went out last night to celebrate the resignation thing and had a few too many wines!! I was out til 2am, which hasn't happened for a very long time, so have had a sore head today. All done with those nights for another long while as Im on the countdown to my July cycle and my last day at work! I really need to focus on good health from here on. Anyway Ive had a very unproductive day, just eating, sleeping and drinking cups of tea to make me feel better!! Great night tho

hi to everyone!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-06-2015),Emerald26  (15-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-06-2015),Killarneygirl  (17-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)