Closed Thread
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Egg donation action in South Africa #9
    Don't know how to link sorry. It's a lot easier to organise than I could have believed. From when I chose a donor my first appointment in Cape Town was around 7 weeks from then !!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),mrsmac123  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes thanks so much...and how long do you need to prepare to stay for if you leave out extra pleasure time?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac123 View Post
    Yes thanks so much...and how long do you need to prepare to stay for if you leave out extra pleasure time?
    12 days minimum. There are so many places to go and see that I reckon we've filled every minute of those 12 days

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),mrsmac123  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard how good it is a few times and how some pple wished they had given up flogging the dead horse of OE ages before but yeh its easy to say that in hindsight. Its not over for me yet with this pregnancy and the frostie but it helps how crap I feel to think of the road ahead ....if I want to continue or when is it just over...do I even want to go there ...a year or so ago no...but the wall is getting closer so I ask myself again..

One thing that is a big issue is DH only just coming to the party last few months and last I mentioned DE for him he was even less interested than he was with IVF. I dont know I have the strength to start that battle either though maybe the new DH will actually be more understanding than I give him credit for...the cost is a lot more than I pay here but I guess you can say it evens out value wise with the extra potential...3 cycles with hard boiled eggs vs 1 with fresh ones

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #14

I'm also blown away by how much CFC go above and beyond to make sure you get a transfer. They provide you with backup eggs from their egg bank if your donor doesn't go so well. Once you decide you want to do it, it's easy. It will still be your DH's so he hopefully would come to the party. And I always said to my DP that when it was over I wanted a decent holiday. Well my OE are over but now I get my holiday plus IVF thrown in for cheaper than I spent here on the donor. WAY cheaper. But I was with the dearest clinic in the world I reckon

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),mrsmac123  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ll

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls......

Sorry I haven't been in to do personal's today. DD's teething in a bad way plus I've been catching up elsewhere on the forum

Anyhoo..enough about that, just wanted to say I'm following along from the sidelinesxoxo

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-06-2015),mrsmac123  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey gals, I have a quick question about PGD (which I am probably going to do given the chance)

If they can tell the sex from the pgd results...does that mean you can select what sex you have put back??? I always thought there were laws about being able to sex select like that but a friend of mine mentioned it tonight.

Not that I want to be able to select a sex but I just wondered what the protocols were.
    @leyshoja yes I remember you in your harlequin outfit too!!! very hawt

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

mrsmac, I'm glad you and your DH have gotten the help you have needed and are communicating so well with one another. Keep each other close in the coming weeks and always know we are here too. I don't think coffee is going to be harmful at all, you do what you need to do.
    Your decision re whether or not you are keeping a DS baby is entirely yours. I'm sure all of us at our age have thought it through and think we know what we would do but when it actually happens it has got to be way harder than imagined. My DH and I believe we would not continue a T21 pregnancy. One of our embies from cycle #2 was a T21, picked up on CGH testing.

Leisylou, no way are you ordinary! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. And thanks for asking, I am doing much better at the moment. I recognise I need to see the counsellor however I have been bogged down in work and study so it will be a job for next week.

Bongley, yes they know the sex when they do pgd but sex selection in itself is not allowed in Australia. So glad you have clicked with your donor.

Chiefsgirl how are you? Hoping you have bounced back.

Emerald, unfortunately aneuploidies are super common for our age group. Are you doing pgd with future cycles? I have only ever had one embryo without an aneuploidy and that one did not stick.

Winsor good luck with this long down reg.

Corbes sorry you got your BFN confirmed. Know the feeling re working too hard.

Hi Leyshoja, Emski, Blonde and everyone else.

AFM, appointment with the butt surgeon (colorectal) on Tues. Feeling quite tuned out of my own journey which is probably a good thing.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-06-2015),Bongley  (21-06-2015),Chiefsgirl  (21-06-2015),Emerald26  (21-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-06-2015),mrsmac123  (21-06-2015),Summer  (21-06-2015),winsor  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #14

Mrsmac I totally respect your thought processes on not keeping the child and even your selfless thoughts on the child's quality of life. I hadn't looked at it from that perspective. Me and hubby talked again about what we would do, I guess it's a real prospect going into this cycle at 42. I salute your bravery on this. I holding onto the hope that it will turn out ok.

Jabbing again tonight, brings me back to three years ago. But bloody menopur is complicated. And our fridge is now full of drugs!!

All this will pass, in four weeks it'll either be yay or nay, but we'll be ok. ( maybe a little tear will be shed on nay)

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-06-2015),mrsmac123  (21-06-2015),Summer  (21-06-2015)