Closed Thread
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HRrmm typed a whole thing out then found it logged me out and lost the page...

Mater called back and said if I continue with my appt with public in town here to get referral they can do CVS on Tuesday and bulk bill. When I asked who would do it he said "one of us". TUrn around for FISH is 48-72 hours.

Unfortunately Dr Carmody cannot do it Monday as he is not in but can do it Tuesday so they were right it is no faster if I kick and thrash about. The better part is, I can use my Nuchal referral to see Dr Carmody and he can self refer me based on my risk for the CVS so I do not need to bounce off anyone anymore. Also their results are usually in by the following working day afternoon. IT appears the most it will cost is approx $280 without safety net. This doesnt include Nuchal scan I dont think which I was going to have separately anyway

If they find that there are visible markers in Nuchal scan they will not bother with the CVS, especially if he has Enencephaly (maybe based on missing head in other scan)..this is important because some hospitals will not let you terminate based on FISH results unless visible signs in scan. I have not researched the ocurrance of conflicting results in FISH vs final.

Overall I did not want to spend more money but I just felt better speaking to the Wesley people, less like a cow. Neither the hospital in town here or Mater could understand what the hurry was, how it FEELS to wait..it did not enter the equation, even though it will not move any faster but results will be my feeling was like I need a gentle touch, I am sure the Mater are good and have done thousands but, I am broken

Only thing not sure of is that Mater has clear communications with public hospital here as to what to do after confirmation just send me straight back to hospital but not sure about Dr Carmody there seemed like a few options but at least they listened to me and understood my distress and agreed its a dreadful dreadful thing and they will help me to do what needs to be done in a compassionate manner

Further, Sonographer at Wesley said she had only once seen Aneuploidy Detected T21 on NIPS come back normal, and the Dr at Mater said, prepare yourself it is most likely DS so noone is giving me any false hope

Maybe some information there is of interest to someone down the track

Thanks for listening today
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 19-06-2015 at 12:41.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (19-06-2015),Petal40  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    So sorry to read your updates MrsMac, thinking of you and your DH

Em x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @mrsmac123 Ok, that makes sense then not to do the CVS if they see obvious markers on the scan. Sounds like you are leaning towards going with Dr Carmody on Tues to get things done??

Can you doctor refer you for an earlier scan on Monday or will they do one at the hospital while you're there on Monday?? You are not a cow Luv and I'd be pi$$ed off too at the apparent lack of comprehension r.e wanting things to be done asap not to mention the mental and emotional agony and torment you and your DH are going through

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was their pregnancy that was in question, I know they'd be pulling favours left, right and centre to get themselves in asap for scans and such. Anyhoo..it doesn't matter now. You have options to work with.

I'm sure Dr Carmody could refer you to your local hospital or whichever hospital you need to go to if you decide on a termination. Can always ph/email them at the Wesley to clarify what the process is.

No, the Doctors/Sonographer's aren't in the business of giving false hope Luv, but seeing a normal result once is better than not seeing it ever. A chance, however minute, is still a chance Luv but, yes, it's better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst I think.

Nevertheless, I'll still be sending a prayer to the Universe for you

Good luck at the GP's this afternoon. Please come back and keep posting in here Luv as we all care and are here for youxoxox

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

emski72  (19-06-2015),midnite01  (19-06-2015),mrsmac123  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrsmac123 I'm truly sorry about your results. I don't think I can say anything more that hadn't already been said by the lovely ladies here. You and dh are in my thoughts and I have everything crossed for Tuesday's scan. Lots of love xxx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Bongley How did you get on at your appointment today Luv?? Hope all went well!!!

@Luckyme1 I haven't forgotten about you either Luv...How did you go today?? you got a darker line!!!

@Leisylou Anything to report Luv?? Girl!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Bongley How did you get on at your appointment today Luv?? Hope all went well!!!

@Luckyme1 I haven't forgotten about you either Luv...How did you go today?? you got a darker line!!!

@Leisylou Anything to report Luv?? Girl!!!
    Yes @Luckyme1 I've been thinking of you too - did AF arrive or are you still in with a chance?

I'm OK, mid-way through my TWW and still don't have any feelings either way as to whether this cycle has worked at all. I had a very heightened sense of smell last night which was really noticeable, and I've got some low grade cramping, and I had those with my last pregnancy, so who knows? I've got one more Pregnyl shot on Sunday, then will test it out a bit and see by maybe next weekend if something is happening?

I finally (duh) figured out why I get so sick from the medications - for whatever reason they are making me hypothyroid. I already have hypothyroidism, and am taking thyroid hormone, but today I looked in the mirror and my neck is all swollen and I feel like I've got a lump in my throat. Now when I look back at my Feb cycle when I was SO sick and just wanted to die, I can clearly see that it was the symptoms of severe hypothyroidism (as well as some drug side-effects like the bad headaches) - the crushing fatigue, depression, huge bloated belly, eyes really sore and puffy, swelling and fluid retention, weight gain etc. It makes sense now. A few years ago a doctor took me off thyroid hormone cold turkey, and I remember now how very, very sick I got, and now I can see that it was very similar to what I went through in Feb.

I'm not as bad as I was last time, but the last few days I've been feeling quite ordinary and I'm sure I've gained at least 5-6kg in a week, so with my swollen neck and other symptoms I'm pretty sure that's what it is. So I'm having blood tests in the morning and then I'll take extra thyroid hormone until I can get into my doctor next week.

Google Doctor tells me there is a really clear correlation with ovarian stimulation meds and inducing hypothyroidism - especially if there is a history of it.

So I'm not sure what that will mean for me doing another cycle. I don't want to keep getting really sick and screwing my thyroid up even more than it is (not to mention the weight gain - I am so FAT!) I just want my slim fit body back :-( So this is going to push DH and I into making a decision about whether we do the oestrogen priming cycle next month, or just go for DE later this year. Lots to think about.
    Last edited by Summer; 19-06-2015 at 16:06.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still waiting for hubby to get home he said he needed to see a doctor for help ugggh...for the first 3 cycles I couldn't even get him involved more than EPU day and it was always a drama ...now he has gone in the other direction, I feel so terrible for him, I feel responsible for dragging him through all this and forcing him to pay attentin when he was happy with no kids never was in his radar...he became so into it reading ahead and telling me when the placenta was ready to take over and the size of the fetus and what was forming and he kept saying he was being cautious. HE was not in my life for my first miscarriage and 2 ectopics so its been a rollercoaster for him last few years but my biggest hope was just that he would accept a baby once it was born... I guess it is all just a massive shock....for it to come true

Sorry I appear to be oblivious to everyone elses personal agonies. I feel for you all on this miserable journey. Keep plugging along its so random ...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-06-2015),Petal40  (19-06-2015),Summer  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Leisylou all these sensations/symptoms are all good signs for a sticky BFP!!!

Yep, I had Subclinical Hypothyroidism prior to starting my final Cycle (it's in my family too..Maternal Grandmother) so took a preventative dose of Thryoxine. Upped it when I got Preggo and it's now at the original dosage, but looks like I'll now be taking it for the foreseeable future.

Good idea increasing your dose until you get your BT's results to see what's what. Sounds like that was/is the main culprit of why you get so sick Cycling You're onto it Luv and that's the main thing

Cross your bridges if/when you come to them Luv. For now, it's BT's and POAS to test that Pregnyl out come Monday morning!! We'll all be here cheering you on from the sidelines to what's hopefully 2 big, fat, dark lines!!!

Sending prayers to the Universe for you Luvxoxo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @mrsmac123 You know, that's really insightful of him to go and get the help he needs Luv. Hopefully speaking to the doctor will allow him to then open up emotionally to you so you can talk about this/support each other together.

You're not responsible for anything Luv except maybe providing him with the opportunity to realise what he wants. Going through this IVF process with you and this pregnancy in particular has obviously made him realise how much he really does want to be a Dad and that's a really beautiful thing.

How did you go at the GP's Luv??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-06-2015 at 17:27.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou yes it sounds like your thyriod is playing up I dont suppose next time it can be prepared for beforehand some kind of counter attack, I dont suppose its that easy to predict treatment? I dont know anything at all about that area. I know myself in 2ww I gave up paying attention to anything as I always had the sore boobs and stuff almost as soon as ET which would be the crinone and whatever else and in my earlier cycles when I thought something was going on it wasnt and when I thought it wasnt it was and I found it much easier to just ignore it all until about 8dpo and just POS and move on each day. This last cycle I had headaches right up until the day before BFP and not one since until today...i usually have a lot of headaches like one a week and I always blame stress and posture etc...but I have still been stressed and still have the same posture so it must be hormones that I need to bottle and market!!! or just some kind of happiness hormone

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)