Closed Thread
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mrsmac123 this is so sad to hear, I don't know what to say but I am thinking of you and your DH xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @mrsmac123 WTF?? It was my GP that wrote the referral to the hospital for the CVS!!! The midwife is right in the sense that it won't change the outcome but it will expedite getting the frucking procedure done as the sooner they get the referral, the sooner they can find an appointment for you!! Frucking idiot she is!!!

@Skyler's suggestion is good. Your FS can fax a referral over to the hospital asking for an urgent appointment to have the procedure done as can your GP. You wouldn't even have to physically go to see your FS, they can just do it!! Mind you, if you could get in to see a counsellor there asap that would be good too if you feel up to it. Ring the Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit at the Mater or RBWH (if you can come there) and find out what needs to be done to get an urgent appointment or I will do it for you if you just can't face it ok Luv?

Your headaches and insomnia are stress Luv, which I know will come as no surprise to you plus you and your DH are still processing this and are probably still in shock!! Take some Panadol for a start, stop, rest and regroup. Yes, the time limit for a CVS is 14 weeks.

I will be checking via my ph regularly through the day if I'm not here on the PC, so if you need me to do something, let me know and I'll do it ok?? You are not hijacking the thread. We are all behind you and here to support you and help you as much or as little as you likexoxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-06-2015 at 09:21.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (19-06-2015),mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hijacking the thread ?!? Don't be silly. That's what we are here for !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably the only bit of semi-useful advice I can give you is no matter what the final decision and outcome, try not to feel guilty. Its nobody else's life decision, just yours and your DH's. And punch anyone in the face who dares to judge you.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),mrsmac123  (19-06-2015),Petal40  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou

I thnk GP might not be doing referral as it might be like I was told by Mater with the amnio...if the public hospital refers me it costs nothing, if she does it it costs $400 so CVS probably the same...she mentioned a Dr Carmody she could refer to but this was in a 15 min appointment last night where I was told the news so we couldnt really think straight on what it all meant. I knew enough to change our mind from Amnio to CVS to speed it up but did not get further. I cannot get into see her until 3.15. IF they want to make it Tuesday for CVS what do I do about the Nuchal scan just cancel it not sure if I should cancel anyway but really I think I want to have it to help with coming to terms.

Thankyou for your compassion I might contact clinic shortly I can't help but feel they will tell me to wait till Monday as they are never backward in telling me to wait...

For anyone that wants to know I am about 4 hour round trip away from my IVF clinic...about the same from Mater/RBH I guess

Took Panadol...usually prone to headaches and not had ONE single one since my 2ww and I was relieved as I did not want to have to take anything
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 19-06-2015 at 09:56.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @mrsmac123 They did the NT scan the same day as my CVS not that it mattered but they check bub out prior to doing the CVS plus they use ultrasound guidance to perform the procedure then check bub afterwards as well.

Don't cancel your appointment until you know for sure when your CVS will be. If it won't be done until after Tues then go for your scan if that will help you @ DH. Totally understandable Luv.

I've heard of Dr Carmody. You'll be in the best @ most experienced hands whomever does the procedure. One benefit of public hospitals is having the best of the best in there doing these kinds of procedures on a regular basis.

That's an all day affair to go to the Clinic. Maybe they/the counsellor can do a ph consult instead??

I understand Luv about not wanting to take anything if you can help it. Panadol is quite safe ok??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just coming in to say I'm thinking of you mrsmac. Blonde is amazing with her support and advice. I second pushing to see someone today, a counsellor at least. Xxxx

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),mrsmac123  (19-06-2015),Summer  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I called the Mater and didn't get far, they are going to call me back.

Called Dr Carmody..for anyone interested he is at Wesley Fetal Medicine. The lady I spoke to was wonderful. She said to fax through my details...inc Verifi results straight away, she will get someone maybe sonographer to ring me bacck and see if Dr Carmody will do a free consult over the phone. Yes they will be able to fit me in Monday for CVS, they do not turn anyone away and she suggested he will do the Nuchal scan at the same time. She said the cost of CVS was $420 but we got sidetrackd when she was going to tell me what the out of pocket was then I think about $200 and about $80 on the testing...I think she may email me the information. Its not too much to get it over with. She also seemed excited I was over the medicare safety net. Need a GP referral to get medicare

Thats about it for now

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),Petal40  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness @mrsmac123 I am totally shocked and devastated for you, life can be so totally unfair and tragic, and we will never really know why things happen the way they do. I know we all have enormous empathy and love for you because it could be any one of us in the exact same position (and some have been) so we understand that overwhelming grief and horror of the whole situation.

I've only just jumped on after not being online yesterday, so I've read through and am glad that things seem to be speeding up with getting something done ASAP. We are all here for you, please come and share and vent and cry as you need to.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),Bongley  (19-06-2015),mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @mrsmac123 Well done Luv making those ph calls and getting things happening

That's great about Dr Carmody and I have no doubt you will get a return ph call They're very good at the Wesley too. Everything she said sounds right to me and it doesn't seem too expensive to go that way. Can always ph Medicare to find out actual refunds if need's be.

You can get your GP onto that this afternoon and get the referral faxed over to them while you're there (then ph them at the Wesley to make sure they've received it just in case).

Have a break now Luv, Make a cuppa of something and have a rest for a little bit ok??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-06-2015 at 11:18.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-06-2015)