Closed Thread
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Your fibroids probably aren't new. Something like 30% of women have them and have no idea. I think estrogen can make them increase so they can increase during pregnancy. Mine did increase a small amount.

My FS said we'd only remove them if they were causing issues as it's more risky to your fertility to have surgery, than it is to have fibroids.

Dr W at CFC was not at all concerned about mine.
    Capetown is still on !! Woot woot ! Will catch up with everyone on the weekend

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-06-2015),MustRemainPositive  (25-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015),tuxcat  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat That's a great compromise Luv Am glad you came away feeling positive too You can always get stuck into the supplements while you're waiting (if you're not already doing them)??

What about FSH?? What have you tried and what are you going to do this upcoming Cycle?? Would she do an endo scratch?? Just trying to think of ways to stack the deck as much as possible in your favour

15 working days left?? That'll fly Luv!! Do you reckon anyone will give you a "going away MT" or something??? Like you give a shiz!!!

@leyshoja Good shiz Luv!!! CT here she comes!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-06-2015),tuxcat  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on insemination Leisylou! I would say do your normal exercise and follow your normal routine during this TWW. And hope like hell. Good luck!

Tuxcat, well that all sounds really positive for you with RPA. Glad you're not going on pred, it did not seem to agree with you last time. You're right on track! It's great you have a clean slate to concentrate on fertility for the rest of the year without that pesky job in the way.

Great news Leyshoja!

Mustremainpositive, good luck with this embie.

Hi Blonde, Bongley and everyone else.

AFM, having a tough time. I am pretty sure I am going to remain childless and had started to deal with it. Then 2 nights ago I awoke in the middle of the night with tears running out of my eyes and last night I had nightmares all night, not TTC or baby related but work related. Wonder if this is a sort of post ivf PTSD or at least part of the grieving process playing out. I also feel sad and peeved that after over a year of being the most frequent flyer of my local Genea branch, and never being a demanding patient, nobody there has rung to check up on me since I've been gone. Like nobody cares. I've wasted months going from Dr to Dr, next appointment is with a colorectal surgeon that AM has referred me to. Another day trip to Sydney. I'm over it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-06-2015),Bongley  (12-06-2015),tuxcat  (11-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler Im so sorry you're having a tough time. Ive been there waking in the night and feeling so sad and sick to the stomach that it will never happen. I think it is a grief thing, and I think its a process that you go through. Over time it changes, Ive had 5 years of this fertility thing and I can say that it has in some ways gotten easier to deal with but mostly I guess I feel like I have become more at ease (definitely not there yet but have improved) with dealing with the possibility of none of it working. Its a slow process. Can you get some counselling or take up something to help you deal with it? Yoga or meditation or acupuncture / hypnotherapy?

Don't give up hope yet, you've got some things that they are going to fix so this could make all the difference. You get great egg numbers so you are probably more likely than us poor responders for it to work out. I know the feeling of hopelessness though and its hard to shake. I know its hard to keep going with it all, I really do. Can you take any time off work to give yourself a breather?

I just want to give you a huge hug, its breathtakingly frucking hard and nobody will ever understand unless they have been here. Thinking of you xxxxx

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-06-2015),Bongley  (12-06-2015),Skyler  (12-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Agree with everything @tuxcat has said. Also sounds like some stress and anxiety thrown in there too

Am sending lots of love and your way as well as saying a prayer to the Universe for you that after all this "internal overhaul" you're had/having done there's a sticky BFP waiting for you on the other side of your upcoming Cycle

It frucking sux, it's frucking hard and so emotionally, physically and spiritually draining (not to mention financially). My heart hurts for all of you Lovelies when I see you struggling and in pain etc as I just wish it didn't have to be so frigging difficult for you all!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (12-06-2015),tuxcat  (11-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler....hope u r feeling better. hang in there. This whole thing sux. I always wonder....when is it our turn. Then what ****s me is when u see stories on the new about some precious bub left on the curb side or been hurt by the family... I think...WTF?! There are so many of us that would give up and have given up so much for a precious bundle of joy...ppl who deserve it! Let your emotions run the course and you may find strength the next day or week or month. But it's there...otherwise you would have called it quits long ago. We are all super woman for going thru this journey and coming out the other end sane!
    @Leisylou...what can I say....go girl! Good luck with the tww. Go watch movies...stay busy. Easier said than done...I know. Every time I went through the tww, I would examine my toilet paper every time I peed to see if there was even the slightest hint of pink! Lol! I hope, pray, cross fingers n toes for you.

AFM....not good news. The sole survivor fertilised abnormally so guess that's it for my eggs. Not entirely surprised given my age but always hoped that I'd be the exception vs the norm...that 1%. Now I need to start investigating the de pathway. Looking at Hawaii but my FS sends his patients to a clinic in San Diego. Didn't say he wouldn't support me if I went Hawaii but he just has a better n more personal relationship with the San Diego crew. Won't happen until early next year so figure in mean time I keep trying naturally. Still cycle pretty regularly so why not? Maybe I might be that 1%...ha ha...forever the optimist! If it happens, I'm gonna buy a lottery tix too!

hope everyone had a good night...bring on the weekend!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-06-2015),Skyler  (12-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your IUI encouragement - hopefully magic has happened and a little embryo is making it's way down that tube to implant in my super-dooper lining. Just for interests sake, each time I've fallen pregnant, I have dreamed about it first and it's been right every time. Kind of twilight zone stuff. And last night I dreamt again - so I'm recording it here, just in case. Could totally be my mind ****ing with me, but I did have that weird baby dream that I've had each time, so who knows. Fingers crossed.

Oh @Skyler honey, I so feel for you, I think we've all been there, contemplating the horror that our future could be childless It is is hard to keep going when there is one disappointment after another. I've had many a time of sobbing my heart out over the prospect of being childless, then I manage (with help of my BH friends) to pick myself up off the floor and go again. It is such a difficult thing to face, the hopes getting up with each new round or treatment, then getting dashed again. I know you've got an op coming up and a couple of things to fix, so don't give up yet. You get good egg numbers, so it is still possible for everything to come together for you. It's not easy though - can you have a weekend away or do something to refresh your energy and clear your mind?

Did you say DE was not going to be an option for you guys? I hold onto that hope with everything I have - of course I want DH & I's biological child more than anything in the world, but we will definitely do DE if we've exhausted all possibilities with my eggs. That keeps me going on the days I want to give up. Always here for a chat or a vent if you want to PM.
    @leyshoja - woohoo!!! It's all on baby - can't wait to hear more about it all

@tuxcat your appointment sounded really positive and your FS sounds supportive and it's great that she wants to do anything to help you get that bubba. I look forward to seeing how you go over the coming months without work and just focusing on getting pregnant.

@MustRemainPositive I'm sorry this one hasn't worked out for you, we are the same age and I feel keep thinking I'm going to be in the 1% too - the forever optimist alright. I haven't given up on my own eggs yet, but I want to be pregnant by the end of the year, so DE it will be if nothing happens in the next few months with my own eggs.

@BlondeinBrisvegas thanks for your support hon, we DTD last night and this morning, and now DH as gone away for a long weekend, so I'm having a nice weekend at home, snuggling up by the heater with my feather and fur babies.

@emski72 so sorry to read about your BFN on the other thread. Such a difficult and expensive exercise when you have to travel all that way for a transfer. I hope your donor will do another cycle for you so that you can have that full sibling. Thinking of you

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-06-2015),emski72  (12-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-06-2015),MustRemainPositive  (12-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @MustRemainPositive Oh Luv I am sorry to hear that Am glad you've got a Plan B with the DE option If you're not going to Cycle until next year then at least you've got a good chunk of time to investigate where will suit you and DH best to go and find a donor The DE threads I'm sure will be useful to you too and the Girls there and some of the here will prob know of another FS who will be supportive and help you if your current one won't if you decide not to go to San Diego.

@Leisylou Good to hear Luv!!! your premonition comes true!!! Enjoy your relaxing weekend ahead with lots of cuddles with your fur/feather babies
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-06-2015 at 09:20.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MustRemainPositive  (12-06-2015),Summer  (12-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MustRemainPositive I'm so sorry your last embryo didn't make it. I hope the DE route brings you your baby. Glad you haven't given up yet. There seem to be a lot of O/S options to look at.

@Skyler it's so hard. I remember that feeling of utter grief that I wouldn't have a child and how it bled into all areas of my life and I really feared losing my friends as I couldn't see how I could relate to them and their families. Big hugs to you too. I hope these upcoming operations help you get your bub.

@tuxcat who did you see? Was it Elle or another doctor? I had Elle for a while and she was lovely I've never seen her at RPA though which is why I ask. From my experience RPA do seem to keep it pretty simple, for better or worse. My doc did recommend a scratch for me and some other proven medication for PCO but that was about it.

@emski72 so sorry about your BFN , I really hope your donor will cycle again and you don't have to wait to long to find out.

@Leisylou best of luck with your IUI!! Hopefully the 'mad rooties' did the trick Get cooking embie

I am tracking my natural cycle and absolutely no sign of ovulation, plerg. I don't know why I bother anyway! 1 week until my FS appointment with my donor. I don't know how long the counseling will take to do but I think we'll be lucky to cycle in july at this rate. Ah well, good things come to those who wait. Hi and good luck to everyone else.
    Last edited by Bongley; 12-06-2015 at 10:01.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-06-2015),emski72  (12-06-2015),MustRemainPositive  (12-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015),Summer  (12-06-2015),winsor  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Bongley Maybe you'll "O" late this month Luv?? Countdown's on to the FS appointment/counselling!! How exciting!!!

That's right Luv, good things do come to those who wait like your refund from Medicare!!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies and I hope you all have a great weekend!!.......

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (12-06-2015),Skyler  (13-06-2015)