+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girl is 1, and I still give her puree and solid food. I let her feed herself and when she goes to open up her mouth I put my spoon in.

It's very frustrating and I do understand you.

I hope you find answers soon.

Is there anything you have not tried?
    Mash potato with sour cream or cheese?
    Fruity pancake?
    Pasta
    Dips?

I've actually been looking to make new things, but hardtop find the time. But I'm getting there.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    What are goji berries? I've never heard of them.
    They are a "superfood" berry that are dried and are the size of a sultana but not as sweet, for young babies put them in water to soften but they are a great snack for toddlers/kids - you can get them at any supermarket usually in the health food Isle

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/nati...s-goji-berries

Unique among fruits because they contain all essential amino acids, goji berries also have the highest concentration of protein of any fruit. They are also loaded with vitamin C, contain more carotenoids than any other food, have twenty-one trace minerals, and are high in fiber. Boasting 15 times the amount of iron found in spinach, as well as calcium, zinc, selenium and many other important trace minerals, there is no doubt that the humble goji berry is a nutritional powerhouse.

This amazing little superfruit also contains natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal compounds. Their powerful antioxidant properties and polysaccharides help to boost the immune system. It’s no wonder then, that in traditional Chinese medicine they are renowned for increasing strength and longevity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    They are a "superfood" berry that are dried and are the size of a sultana but not as sweet, for young babies put them in water to soften but they are a great snack for toddlers/kids - you can get them at any supermarket usually in the health food Isle

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/nati...s-goji-berries

Unique among fruits because they contain all essential amino acids, goji berries also have the highest concentration of protein of any fruit. They are also loaded with vitamin C, contain more carotenoids than any other food, have twenty-one trace minerals, and are high in fiber. Boasting 15 times the amount of iron found in spinach, as well as calcium, zinc, selenium and many other important trace minerals, there is no doubt that the humble goji berry is a nutritional powerhouse.

This amazing little superfruit also contains natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal compounds. Their powerful antioxidant properties and polysaccharides help to boost the immune system. It’s no wonder then, that in traditional Chinese medicine they are renowned for increasing strength and longevity.
    I am getting some of these ASAP!! DS desperately needs a boost for his immune system, I'll try anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Perhaps it's not about bub not liking or wantng solids perhaps bub not eating is more a reflection of the timing, consistency and delivery of the meals?

Sounds like your bub likes soft foods for now.
    Sometimes bub likes a spoon - perhaps if bub gets tired easily you could try spoon feedng him some? Don't stick to BLW out of a sense of duty if it's not working for you.
    At 1 year old I would try solids before milk feeds - every time.

Did you get bub weighed and have his weight plotted on the growth chart in his baby book? This is the first step I would take even before going to a GP. If I am concerned about bubs eating as you are I would be doing weight measurements every few weeks. Bub must be due for a 12 month dev check soon where they should do all the measurements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When are solids and nap times? Sounds like your bub might be too tired at some meal times ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    VicPark last time ds was weighed was at 9 months & he was 9.4kgs. That put him around the 70th percentile for his age. Im aiming to try & get him weighed properly today, but i weighed him on our bathroom scales yesterday & he was 10kgs which put him on the 50th percentile for his age.

Im trying with the spoon feeding but the only thing he'll take off a spoon is strawberry yoghurt. I tried other things (mashed fruit & veggies) & he takes it out of his mouth & throws it on the floor. Maybe he needs it pureed as opposed to mashed?

He wakes around 5.30/6am. Has a breastfeed then as he wont tolerate solids first. Ive tried numerous times - acts starving but wont eat the solids & just screams for however long it is before i breastfeed him.

On daycare days i then drop him at daycare & they give him his brekkie at about 8am. He wont eat for them either. On non-daycare days i do brekkie at about 7.30am.

First nap is around 9am. When he wakes we have lunch. Breastfeed usually an hour or so after this meal.

Second nap is around 2.30/3pm. On non-daycare days when he wakes up we have a short play, dinner, bath, breastfeed, cuddles & bed.

On daycare days i pick him up at about 4.45 & give him a breastfeed on one side then - i have no choice as he barely eats or drinks all day & gets really upset if i make him wait for dinner. Then we have a play, then dinner, bath, breastfeed, cuddles, bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just home from weighing him. It was a different set of scales to last time so im sure a small varience is reasonable, but he came up as 9.8kgs. Which is about in line with what i got on the scales at home.

Im sure he should have gained more than that in two months so im taking this further. Regardless of the health professionals brushing me off, i want to know why he is not eating & not gaining much weight.

He gagged badly on mashed carrot at lunch today, he almost vomited. Im sure that cant be normal for an almost 1 year old, it wasnt even that chunky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would it be worth booking in with a paediatric dietitian? I'd be at my wits end if it was my ds. How are you coping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im stressing & feel like i failed him somehow, but im ok. Dh is awesome & looking after me. I think ill take him to a paediatrician as a starting point & go from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you charted his weight to see if his dropped in percentiles? I know weight gain does slow down when babies become more mobile.
    If you're worried then definitely trust your instincts and follow it up. Hang in there @heartstringz, you're doing a great job.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-06-2015)