+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, babies get a lot out of playing with food, it's great for their brain development & fine motor skills so don't feel like it's all wasted effort if he just mucks around with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just tried to spoon feed him dinner (not strawberry yoghurt) & also put some pieces on his tray. The whole lot went on the floor, as usual. He let me spoon feed him some but then just took it out of his mouth & threw it on the floor.

I tried zucchini slice & omlette.

So hes going to bed just with breastfeed & no dinner tonight as usual. This is so frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Just read through this thread as I was going to write a similar thread. Sorry you are doing it tough. Feeding issues are awful.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi heartstringz. How patient you've been! Hats off to you!!
    If he were my son I'd be trying puréeing absolutely everything for a few days and see if he prefers that texture- just as an experiment.

You may like to try some sweet potato, or some pear?

If that goes well you could try adding a little puréed chicken or lamb to the sweet potato.

I'd be interested to find out how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im off to the shops tomorrow to buy some natural greek yoghurt & some strawberries that i can puree, so that if all he is eating is strawberry yoghurt every day at least it has a bit less sugar that the prepackaged stuff.

I guess ill feed him that for a while, then mix in some other pureed fruit, then build up to mixing in pureed veggies, then eventually do away with the yoghurt & leave the purees. Cant believe im doing this for a 1 year old, i feel like im weaning a 6 month old. No idea why he wont eat chunky food but at least hes eating something

Does anyone know if he needs iron from food at his age? I was told the iron in breastmilk starts to deplete after 6 months & hes almost one. How would i get iron into him if he'll only eat strawberry yoghurt?
    Last edited by heartstringz; 11-06-2015 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What age would you see not eating solids as a concern?

DS is heavy and nobody takes me serious. He refuses ALL food. We are booked in with our next speech tomorrow.

He still has 6 feeds a day. I've starved him and I couldn't handle the crying because it would be like CIO tbh because he seriously won't eat. We also goto aversion clinic (psychologist) at the children's hospital. DS also vomits and we just got a referral to have an endoscopy next month he is 15.5 months old.

I would give iron supplement because most time (kids who are low in iron don't eat). Are you low in iron? Or just stop BF all together offer more water/cows milk. I would def get second opinion but I'm a worry wart x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Well we had a breakthrough at lunch today! I tried solids on waking from his (long) nap as opposed to milk first. We did a picnic on the floor. As usual he wouldnt eat it. Just threw it everywhere.

But then after i had cleaned up & let him go & play he kept crying & acting hungry. So i put him in his highchair & gave him his own spoon to hold & spoon-fed him yoghurt. He ate 3/4 of the tub!!!!! Thats the most he has ever eaten since we started solids!

So now im slightly more relieved cause i know he can eat. So i guess hes having strawberry yoghurt every day now, so that hd at least eats something each day.
    As with bf, don't stick with just that. Try other stuff first!

Hope this keeps up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Im off to the shops tomorrow to buy some natural greek yoghurt & some strawberries that i can puree, so that if all he is eating is strawberry yoghurt every day at least it has a bit less sugar that the prepackaged stuff.

I guess ill feed him that for a while, then mix in some other pureed fruit, then build up to mixing in pureed veggies, then eventually do away with the yoghurt & leave the purees. Cant believe im doing this for a 1 year old, i feel like im weaning a 6 month old. No idea why he wont eat chunky food but at least hes eating something

Does anyone know if he needs iron from food at his age? I was told the iron in breastmilk starts to deplete after 6 months & hes almost one. How would i get iron into him if he'll only eat strawberry yoghurt?
    Goji berries are high in iron so add those to his yogurt, any purées or veggies you make brush black strap molasses onto them ( very high iron content) and even sucking on a lamb cutlet will help ( even if he just gets the juice)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Goji berries are high in iron so add those to his yogurt, any purées or veggies you make brush black strap molasses onto them ( very high iron content) and even sucking on a lamb cutlet will help ( even if he just gets the juice)
    What are goji berries? I've never heard of them.