+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had all 3 at Hollywood and Dr Turner also delivered all 3. Amazing man! Always found the nurses and staff really good. And they prefer day 5 transfers. I have a few friends who were with pivot having no success and changed to hollywood and had success. One friend had issues picked up at hollywood that pivot didn't pick up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we all need to bare in mind that it's very easy to negative at a clinic when you aren't successful, and also very easy to praise a clinic when you are successful!

The second clinic also has the benefit of your notes from the previous clinic, which gives them a massive advantage too.

It's such an emotionally involved process isn't it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chooky79: that's so true, it's so hard the first time as you can only go off what your read or hear from others and every place has both positive and negative stories and every case is different. I'm hanging out for my coordination meeting now to get the ball rolling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone.

We slept over it and both felt we are better off moving on. I was really apologetic at my GP's for wanting yet another referral - it turns out the doc we spoke to had gone through IVF back in the day and his words were "Don't apologise - I wish there were more patients like you, voting with their feet. It's your body, your stress and your money so don't apologise." Amen I say! (They switched clinics after many cycles and got twins at the new place.)

I called FSWA to make sure we are on the same page and the lady there was just like " we haven't done that in years" Unfortunately they have a waiting time of two months at the moment but that's fine.

Fingers crossed. I'm feeling at peace. If it doesn't work out, we did all we could.
    Last edited by NORgirl; 20-06-2015 at 12:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooky79 View Post
    I think we all need to bare in mind that it's very easy to negative at a clinic when you aren't successful, and also very easy to praise a clinic when you are successful!
    Absolutely! But that's different from feeling uncomfortable and like I'm being "left in the dark", as I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @NORgirl, that is a great response from your gp, he's absolutely correct! Who will you be seeing a FSWA? Im with them and very happy with their service. We had a 4 month wait to see them but once you are in, you are in!

Has your rubella been checked? If you need a booster, you need to wait a full cycle before you can do anything.

Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just feel like a chat. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    *BFP mentioned*

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I felt pretty helpless when I started this thread.

We did go with FSWA. They were not perfect (had a few admin glitches that threw us back a month which was a real bummer at the time) but overall surprisingly easy to deal with. The cycle went past in a breeze, 185 Gonal-F, Antagonist, Trigger. 10 eggs picked up (I only have one ovary), 7 fertilised with ICSI, 5 made it to day 3, 3 to day 5, 1 was transferred and one frozen.

And my blood test today was positive with a Beta of 500+.

I now look back and am very happy I went with my gut feel. There would have been a few things at the other clinics that I didn't fully understand at the time but that left me feeling uneasy. Like the one doc who was like "I'll hit you hard, I'd go a 300 dose on you straight from the get go". 185 did me just fine, thanks, and with enough side effects.

Cost wise we ended up slightly north of 10k (with ICSI and freezing one embryo) and got 5k back from Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    😮 oh congratulations!! That is wonderful news!

Are you going back for bloods every few days to check your levels?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once a week yes.

I don't want to drive myself crazy over a 10% chance of a miscarriage now. Every time I get worried I use my little affirmation "every day I'm getting closer to holding my healthy baby in my arms" and it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so pleased for you. Now you see the real waiting begins. It's going to be impossible not to worry. Your initial beta is nice and strong and I suspect that your first scan will be in 3 weeks or so?

Good luck, keep us posted xx