+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found the nurses at Pivet more than lovely and overly helpful, so I'm surprised and sad you've had that experience.

From what I know of the low cost options they put you on the pill to control your cycle dates and you'll go through with a group, so group info sessions and such, and a lot less monitoring, as in less scans and bloods.

It's not for me, but I can see why people would choose it if funds were limited and you had no major issues.

I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant from my first cycle at Pivet under Dr Rowlands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    That "standard" plan screams money making to me.
    Thanks for saying it so I don't have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NORgirl View Post
    Thanks for saying it so I don't have to.
    Can you tell I've been burnt? Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Can you tell I've been burnt? Hehe
    Were you at concept?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd second FSWA in Claremont. They were amazing for us and we were so happy with the service they provided. Would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    pomy8: yes, day 5 generally is blastocyst. Some dont become blast on day 5 but day 6, though.

My circumstance is a bit unique. I was with Pivet and didn't even get to start a cycle because we seek help in Sydney in the end (MFI). I become Concept patient because of their donor list. I didn't end up doing a cycle with them because it is a long wait for donor here in WA.i went back to Sydney again (and am pregnant). The good thing i can say about Concept is that the nurses are really nice. They are the ONLY clinic that's willing to help me through the cycle with monitoring (BT and scan) as an interstate patient. A lot of work for them with minimal charges as I was paying the full cycle fee to my clinic in Sydney. Nurses at concept were even happy to call me back when my own clinic didn't remember to call me for the result. When I get preg, they are happy to do follow up BT and scan for me. Unfortunately, i can't say much about the FS there. I saw one to be their patient officially.

It is a hit and miss. People can have great/bad experience with one clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooky79 View Post
    Were you at concept?
    No, I started at a different one (may I name the clinic?), we were there for years. I very stupidly put all my trust in the "professionals". Given we were unexplained they told us to just keep cycling cycling cycling. A couple of things went wrong, really really wrong. Negligent in fact, which forced me to seek out much better than we were getting.

FSWA were honest and realistic. They gave me no false hope and were able to offer more tests. PGD testing finally got us over the line! We had our remaining embryo couriered from the previous clinic, fswa's comment was that is was such poor quality they wouldn't even have frozen it! Says to me that previous clinic just wanted $$$.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Olive, that's just heart breaking, and as you said sounds extremely negligent. I'm so glad you are where you need to be now xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chooky79 For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really think you have to chose the clinic that feels right for you. I'm a Pivet girl myself & have nothing but positive things to say about the staff there. I switched to them after a horrid experience at my first clinic. Headed back next month to try for a sibling for DD.
    Low cost IVF certainly does have its place, but if you can afford it, I would recommend paying for the most up to date, tailored treatment.
    From my own experience & reading others stories I believe in this industry you can't just trust the Dr completely, it's such a fast changing area of medicine you need to do your research & be your own advocate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From my understanding the 'standard' IVF cycle is a down reg cycle with Day 2/3 transfers. Isn't available for ICSI or assisted hatching etc. (anything that's on top of a standard cycle). I have a tailored cycle so it's not available to me and when I had a down reg cycle my body didn't respond. First cycle is always trial and error, mine was cancelled before EPU and changed cycle type then fell pregnant on first full cycle.