+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Annoyed - voucher issue

So the other day I bought jeans from just jeans, they had vouchers for a local alterations place, usually $20 to shorten them, but with the voucher it says '$14.99 and done in an hour, if not, it's FREE'

So I take said jeans to alterations place with voucher, the guy says 'when do you want to pick them up' so I say 'in an hour - as per voucher'

So he says 'no it won't be an hour because I am short staffed and that is only during the promotion' or something like that (I couldn't hear exactly what he said as ds2 was crying quite loudly)

Pls tell me how he can just decide when his voucher can and can't be used? Shouldn't I have got the alteration for free?

He implied that I just had to pick them up another time (not today by the way he was talking) and that it wouldn't be free.

There is no date for when the promotion is on the voucher at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only thing I was thinking is it sounds more on the lines of ' once you drop them off - we will do it for an hour or it's free' the fact he told you before dropping them off means the offer is not valid.

It just doesn't make sense that he is short staffed so all of the alterations are for free iykwim.... I think if he had of said he can do it in an hour and it took longer than you are well within your rights to insist the voucher honoured...

It's like my company has room service and we run an offer of get it in 45 mins or less and it's free. However we stop service at 3am and resume at 6am... If someone called at 4am doesn't mean they get free room service cause we can't get them food within 45 mins iykwim??? Sorry I have trouble explaining myself on here....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with PP's- if you drop them off and he promises an hour, and it takes longer, then it's free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But isn't it still a bit unfair that he has the vouchers and just picks and chooses when and if he will honour them?

When the guy at just jeans opened his drawer at the counter to get the voucher, there was a HUGE stack of them.

I totally understand if a business is short staffed, but then they should really put a time frame on the offer (although I know you can't predict when you will be short staffed) but if there was a time frame or for instance has a clause saying the offer is only valid on Thursdays or whatever.

I made a special trip down there as I got the jeans last week but couldn't get them altered the same day due to ds1 being sick, and then we are going away tomorrow and I needed my jeans for the weekend. So I went and made a special trip.

Imagine how many customers would feel like me if he just kept turning people away or saying he wouldn't honour the voucher?

I do understand his predicament, but my motto is 'don't make a promise you can't keep'. Don't offer HUNDREDS of these vouchers and then just pick and choose when and if you will use/honour them. That's not fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with your thoughts, he should have considered what would happen if he was short staffed before handing out the vouchers. You should let Just Jeans know that he's not honouring the vouchers because that makes them look bad too for promoting the alterations business. Let them know the inconvenience this has caused you, you might get a gift voucher or something.