+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Liver repair

I have just found out that due to my wild younger days and bad eating in the past I have some damage to my liver that I can reverse. I bought some livatone plus pills but am thinking of making some green smoothies that might help detox and repair it so does anyone know what I should put in the smoothies and what should I avoid?

P.S sorry mods if I have posted this in the wrong section I wasn't sure whether to go health or recipes
    Last edited by loodle; 10-06-2015 at 18:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just general good healthy habits plus no alcohol, no paracetamol, and lots of green leafy veges will help.

Avoid any medication unless life threatening. Most meds are processed thru the liver and kidneys so give unnecessary stuff a miss.

Be careful of too much vitamin A and K. The liver can regenerate/repair but not to it's original condition obviously.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

loodle  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is that the Cabot's Livatone? Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush everything through your system. I'd probably give it a couple of weeks of those tablets combined with healthy eating before considering a detox. Even after two weeks you'll feel much better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

loodle  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Is that the Cabot's Livatone? Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush everything through your system. I'd probably give it a couple of weeks of those tablets combined with healthy eating before considering a detox. Even after two weeks you'll feel much better.
    Yep it is, I eat pretty healthy now and exercise because I have been trying to lose weight so hopefully your right and I notice a difference in a few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep PP is right. Lots of water if doing those detoxes.

Lemon juice in water first thing is supposed to be good to kick start the day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

loodle  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Beetroot is fantastic for helping the liver.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

loodle  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you don't mind committing to very healthy eating for 8 weeks, Sandra Cabot's Liver Cleansing Diet is amazing.

I did it about 9 years ago and I felt fantastic, lost weight and lowered my cholesterol.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (11-06-2015),loodle  (10-06-2015),wobbleyhorse  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Yep it is, I eat pretty healthy now and exercise because I have been trying to lose weight so hopefully your right and I notice a difference in a few weeks
    It only took a couple of weeks for me using the Livatone, drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods and I felt much, much better. But those first couple weeks I felt a bit weird - not sick exactly, just a bit blah. I guess it was my system getting rid of all the toxins and rebooting. I kept taking it for months and months, right up until I discovered I was pregnant. I've actually just started taking it again in the last couple of weeks to get back on track as I've been feeling a bit blah since having bub.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

loodle  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took the first dose last night and woke up with a massive headache and been having to pee heaps which I read is normal. I had to go to the shops and when I did I saw that they had nutri ninjas on special so I took that as a sign and bought along with the ingredients I found for liver detox smoothies and had my first one when I got home and it was quiet nice.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433980970.982922.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433981011.837661.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep up the water.