+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Regular periods and no ovulation?

Wondering if anyone has regular periods and still no ovulation? I have regular cycles only a day or two out each month and have been having day 21 blood test and have only ovulated maybe once in 6 months. Started clomid and first month have had a progesterone level of 16 so no ovulation this month either.

What caused it and how was it treated? Thanks 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long are your cycles? Day21 bloods are only helpful for women with 28day cycles as it's more about it being 7dpo.
    Who said progesterone of 16 means you didn't ovulate? I was under the impression 10+ meant o!
    I've just found my last pathology results and it says in the reference range that progesterone of 5.3-86 means ovulation.
    After googling i found that 5+ is considered some kind of ovulatory behaviour
    10+ is considered o
    and on medicated cycles they like to see 15+
    I am not medicated (nor TTC) but my last pathology at about 6dpo (actually CD29 for me.. long cycle) found my progesterone was 17.5 which I was told meant I ovulated. I got my period 9 days later so...
    Last edited by CodieBloom; 12-06-2015 at 12:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps you should try tracking your cycles with your BBT. Maybe you didn't ovulate until after day 21 as pp said. With temp charting you should see an upward shift in your temperature after you ovulate. Before I got pregnant I had long cycles and not ovulating til day 26 or so was normal for me, but if I'd got a test on day 21 it would have said no ovulation. I was always under the impression that period = ovulation but I could well be wrong on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had semi-regular AF and didn't O. I needed a trigger shot to O (following full cycle tracking including ultrasound). Didn't help me get pregnant though. I think the whole problem was more than that (didn't O as a result of poor egg growth/ quality in the first place - was my theory) so ended up on IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CodieBloom View Post
    How long are your cycles? Day21 bloods are only helpful for women with 28day cycles as it's more about it being 7dpo.
    Who said progesterone of 16 means you didn't ovulate? I was under the impression 10+ meant o!
    I've just found my last pathology results and it says in the reference range that progesterone of 5.3-86 means ovulation.
    After googling i found that 5+ is considered some kind of ovulatory behaviour
    10+ is considered o
    and on medicated cycles they like to see 15+
    I am not medicated (nor TTC) but my last pathology at about 6dpo (actually CD29 for me.. long cycle) found my progesterone was 17.5 which I was told meant I ovulated. I got my period 9 days later so...
    Thanks coldie sorry for my late reply I have been mia. My gyno said he likes to see scores over 30 for ovulation.

My cycles have been around the 25 days so maybe that's why the scores have been a little low?

I have just started clomid 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by besha View Post
    Perhaps you should try tracking your cycles with your BBT. Maybe you didn't ovulate until after day 21 as pp said. With temp charting you should see an upward shift in your temperature after you ovulate. Before I got pregnant I had long cycles and not ovulating til day 26 or so was normal for me, but if I'd got a test on day 21 it would have said no ovulation. I was always under the impression that period = ovulation but I could well be wrong on that.
    Thanks besha I would track but I work a rotating roster so my days and nights are very screwed up!