+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Posterior vs normal

Just wondering if anyone has had posterior baby and then normal position and what's the difference in your contractions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both my labours started posterior but my first had to be manually turned with a vacuum and then she was delivered. My second turned by herself during labour just as I was transitioning. Once she turned the pain lessened at the back and deepened at the pelvis. She was out within 15-20min.

A normal position means bubs head directly engages the cervix completely so contractions will be more consistent and will build properly.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My second was posteria, which meant that when my waters broke labour failed to progress as she wasn't pressing down on my cervix due to her position. Because of this I was induced, but the gel failed to get things moving so I was given the drip and my contractions started immediately. Pain wise I really don't know if there was a difference between that and my other labour where baby was facing the right way.. it bloody hurt like hell both times, lol.
    She did turn the right way during labour though and I didn't encounter any complications with pushing.
    Up until I was hooked up to the drip for induction, I spent the day trying to get her to turn and was as active as possible, lots of laps around the hospital halls that day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First bub was posterior. Second bub normal. Posterior bub - my contractions were extremely painful and felt mainly in my back. Second bub I wasn't even sure I was in labour lol. Very mild compared to my posterior labour.