+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Even if there's 1 car waiting and I'm just paying for fuel I always move it. There's only 1 diesel bowser at the servo so it's not like they can go to another pump. I live in a tiny country town though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Go in and pay first, then move the car to a parking bay and go back inside to purchase whatever. I think it is rude to block other cars for that amount of time. It's different when there's a line up to pay inside but to go about your business inside knowing you are blocking access is deliberately being inconsiderate IMO.

In saying that, I've driven around cars before to get to the other vacant pump and reversed back in if the space was wide enough

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Even if there's 1 car waiting and I'm just paying for fuel I always move it. There's only 1 diesel bowser at the servo so it's not like they can go to another pump. I live in a tiny country town though.
    Even in the city I often find that older servo often only have one diseal pump. It's often out of site too (around the corner). I still pay before I move as those older pumps often don't have the ability to have two totals. So the wait is always much longer. So no one in right mind would make it longer by stuffing around in the shop.
    I pay first than move the car if I want something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I didn't know you could get in trouble! If the bowsers are full, I would definitely pull into a parking bay to pay and in fact did the last time I got pregnant. I've never gotten in trouble for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I need to get Diesel fuel for our cars, so quite often there is always a bit of a wait for those pumps and one particularly busy morning I was waiting behind a car for over fifteen minutes, time was getting away and I finally had enough and went in to see what was taking him so long. It turned out that he had left his wallet at home so was speaking with the cashier and writing his details down to come back later and pay.
    In this instance, he didn't move the car, nor was he told to. (It's an independent Fuel station, so there's only one Diesel pump).

As for me in answering the OP, I would always pay first and if I knew I was going to be a while would move the car after I had paid.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 10-06-2015 at 12:48. Reason: typo

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would and always do move my car before going in to pay if others are waiting. I can't imagine not doing so, I'd feel like an as$hole if I didn't... I can't comprehend people who are so inconsiderate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    The polite thing would be to move your car and I used to do that until was requested not to by the petrol station. They said it makes them think the driver has left and is not going to pay for their fuel. So now I leave my car. If I was going to order food though that may take a while I would pay for the fuel and then move my car and go back to order the food.
    This!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to work at BP and people moving their cars before coming in to pay was never an issue. Once the pump was hung back up, we could activate it for the next car, regardless of whether the previous person had paid yet.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),tazz475  (10-06-2015)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I used to work at BP and people moving their cars before coming in to pay was never an issue. Once the pump was hung back up, we could activate it for the next car, regardless of whether the previous person had paid yet.
    I used to work for BP too and this is exactly what I was just about to write. It actually used to help if people could move their car out the way for the next person otherwise we would have people coming in hurling abuse at us because the person in front was taking too long. Plus, I don't think I ever had the time while serving customers to watch each pump individually to make sure everyone paid for their petrol as soon as they finished. It generally took me 15-30 minutes to realise that there had been a drive off and then we would review security footage.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),~Marigold~  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely move the car. I do it all the time because I'm usually using the only right-hand gas pump. I've never had a staff member complain.