+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IvF payments

Hi everyone
    Hope you can help me figuring out how ivf payments work at genea.
    Money isn't generally an issue for us and the out of pocket expenses seem low enough to even have a cycle every month. however I am unsure whether and how much the upfront costs are as I have heard crazy things and I would like to know for planning purposes when I should expect paying a large chunk of money to my FS as we are also spending large amounts on renovations at the moment. I.e I don't want to purchase $10k worth of flooring in the same month I need to pay $10k to my FS. How does this all work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    I'm certainly no expert as my first appointment is at the end of this month. But I did ask this exact question to the clinic I will be seeing.
    I'm sure all clinics will be different, but mine said there are two bulk payments.
    One before treatment begins, and the second before transfer.
    The total cost was ~ $9,500 with roughly 50% for each payment. They said what you get back depends if you have already reached your Medicare threshold. They expect that overall it'll be ~ $4,500-5,000 out of pocket.
    This price didn't cover any hospital fees, but a lot of health insurance covers this.
    Hope all goes well 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I can't speak for genea but with my clinic you pay full amount upfront before you start your cycle then at the end of your cycle they process it to medicare and then you'll get the rebate back so it does take a few weeks that you'll be out of pocket the full $. The reason it takes a while as the cycle may be cancelled - you may not make it to egg collection - and often clinics charge a different fee in that case so they need to wait until it's all systems go before finalizing the account at their end before it goes to medicare. That said once it goes to medicare I've always gotten the rebate in my account within a couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually with Genea they charge your credit card or payment method day of transfer and then they submit your rebate to medicare and you get it back within about 5 days. It depends on the clinic though, some charge you up front on cycle day one and then after transfer you get the rebate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm unsure how genea works, but my clinic has 2 options.
    1. You pay upfront $6500(approx) and then you can claim through Medicare and you receive your rebate within 1-2weeks total out of pocket is around $2500 (not incl hospital fees)
    2. You pay a 1/2 then the remainder on transfer. This process takes longer to get your rebate as they have to claim as you go rather then one upfront reimbursement.

We're going with the upfront option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IvF payments

Norwest take out the total near the egg pick up and then $6500 is put back in via Medicare about 3-5 days later... We got ours back very quickly