+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Any news Kizmetzing? I am thinking of you.
    I hope you are doing well after epu Spec. Keep growing embies.

We too have no hope without ivf. My hubbie is a cystic fibrosis carrier and has congenitally absent vas deferens. The diagnosis of azoospermia really rocked us and it was about 2 months before we had a needle biopsy done of the testicle (it was painful!) and luckily he had sperm. Very tough couple of months for us, hubbie took the news so well and we were so glad only 2 people knew we were consulting with ivf/attempting to have kids. Many discussions on what we would do if the biopsy showed no sperm also. Donor? No kids? Tough discussions to have. It has made us so much closer.
    The sperm he has are immotile because they cannot mature, so icsi is our only option. I am 36 in September. We tried for almost 5 years (on and off) before seeking help. We weren't keen to go to ivf and now look at us! I am luckily not a cf carrier so no pgd testing needed for the embies. Could have a baby who is a carrier and if is a boy could also be infertile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Sunny, that's a lot to deal with. I hope IVF brings you the joy you both deserve. I got my BFN yesterday afternoon. I am really OK with it, just ready to move on (for some reason, when I'm on the desktop I can't put breaks between my paragraphs! Sorry!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that Kitmetzing 😞 sometimes things just aren't fair.

Sunny that is a lot to take in. I'm glad you are on the right path now and hope this phase goes quickly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Kizmetzing.
    Xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    *pg mentioned**

Hi ladies. Please have faith IVF will work for you. I saw Dr Abe (I call him a magician) and after three medicated rounds and finally got my bfp. I was like a science experiment and constantly had to look at the sheet to remind me what to do when! I really recommend him and the ladies at Newtown natural fertility and ivf support if you're not already going. They're great physical and emotional support. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!
    So glad you've had a positive experience with Dr. Abe and Newtown. I'm doing the exact same thing 😊 Absolutely loving my acupuncture sessions, they are truly amazing!
    How far into your pregnancy are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to Newtown too for this last round. I've yet to decide if I'll keep going for the next round. They are all lovely though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doctor Abe is a legend. My DH thinks he "tells it how it is" which is what he likes and I think he is constantly thinking outside the square and very open to suggestions by me through all my research. I've been seeing him since September 2014 and he just doesn't give up. Love that. I am now 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant (can't believe I'm saying that). I don't have a regular at newton but the Magic started when I saw Hannah... Could be coincidental but I find her very passionate and deep and we connected well. Petra saw me before and after transfer and she was really adamant this was going to work. I was nervous about Her positivity and when I went back and saw her again she just knew I was pregnant by touching me... It was very weird! I also love Philippa abd Kate. I find it relaxing and I know I'm doing everything I can to get this right. They're massive supporters of dr Abe so it felt right so see them too. Good luck! (I'm still on those nasty crinone gels so it's not all done for me yet medication wise!) xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr. Abe was great with me too. I previously saw a gynae, that I won't name, that was absolutely horrible. She said 'You'll never have kids' and I burst into tears. Her response was 'Why are you crying?' And only then said IVF should work.
    First time I met him, he gave me two options but said in his honest opinion IVF was really the only one. But did it in such a way I felt supported if we chose the other option.
    I've been seeing Hannah for a few months, and it's honestly like going to see a friend. She is so kind and really interested in how everything is going health wise, not just fertility.
    I was hoping she would do my pre and post, purely because I've seen her before but there are quite a ladies having a transfer tomorrow so Petra is coming to Monash. I have heard so many amazing things about her though, and I'm glad your shared your story.
    Out of all the medications we use, Crinone is definitely the worst! I'd rather go back to injecting myself lol. How long will you stay on it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow spec! Petra is lovely, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Staying on Crinone after a stim cycle will depend on your blood test after a positive. The good news is you might have enough progesterone to be able to stop. If not, the bad news is that you might have to stay on them for 12 weeks. Usually move from Crinone to supossitories which I think are worse! They are cheaper though (about half the price). My stim cycle that was bfp in jan my PROG was 1084 and they like it to be around 150-200 (from memory), so could have come off them. I stayed on them though because my hcg was low.