+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @rhee1980 We were incredibly lucky and everything was textbook for us. We are so incredibly thankful.

Fingers are crossed you can avoid your appointment because your BFP is already in the making. Definitely keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @rhee1980.
    I have had Prue do a couple of my transfers, she is lovely.
    If you haven't already - get your police checks sorted (the receptionist will give you forms). You can't have ivf treatment without the counselling and police checks. They will likely start you on clomid first cycle, review your tests - order more if needed, semen sample etc. it takes time unfortunately.
    Afm I received the pgd test results. Out of 6 embryos, one has been frozen untested and 3 were normal. Good news but mixed emotions. At least we can produce normal embryos. Now to succeed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    Welcome @rhee1980.
    I have had Prue do a couple of my transfers, she is lovely.
    If you haven't already - get your police checks sorted (the receptionist will give you forms). You can't have ivf treatment without the counselling and police checks. They will likely start you on clomid first cycle, review your tests - order more if needed, semen sample etc. it takes time unfortunately.
    Afm I received the pgd test results. Out of 6 embryos, one has been frozen untested and 3 were normal. Good news but mixed emotions. At least we can produce normal embryos. Now to succeed....
    Thank you. I'm not looking at IVF at the moment, still a long way off that so I'll wait til we see what our plan is before bothering with police checks etc.
    Hoping to not need the appt at all and get our bfp this cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 so glad you got some good news about your embryos. Completely understand the mixed emotions though. It sounds bad but I remember sometimes wanting them to find something wrong, just so you have an explanation.

Are you thinking of doing your FET with your next cycle?
    @rhee1980 Where are rough roughly in this cycle? Hoping you get good news soon If not, you still have so many options ahead of you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi Girls,
    I was hoping to join you on this forum to chat about Monash IVF Geelong and our journeys. We are in the process of signing up with Monash Geelong. We have an almost 3 year old who was conceived easily but since trying for our 2nd we have gone through 4 consecutive miscarriages in the first trimester. One was confirmed as chromosomally abnormal but they probably all were. So we are embarking on IVF with PGD. I've been following your progress Sunny and I'm so pleased for you that you got 3 healthy embryos. Best of luck for a FET when that happens. We are probably a couple of months of from starting IVF due to HCG levels still lingering in my system after the last miscarriage. I'm excited about trying something new in an attempt to complete our family but apprehensive as well. Thanks for reading girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    @rhee1980 Where are rough roughly in this cycle? Hoping you get good news soon If not, you still have so many options ahead of you.
    Thank you. I'm CD11, started getting faint lines on OPKs yesterday which is very promising as I don't usually O til at least CD19. Hoping the vitex and acupuncture are at last working to shorten my cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Blue246
    So sorry to hear about your miscarriages. It's such an awful thing to go through.
    I'm glad you're excited to start the process though, with your history it sounds like the PGD will help you out immensely. Looking forward to getting updates on your progress.
    @rhee1980 lines on OPKs this early is fantastic news. Vitex and acupuncture certainly helped my cycles and hormones even out. I honestly think that would have done the trick if it weren't for the scarring of my tubes. Fingers are firmly crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blue246 i am so sorry for your losses and that you have to join us here.
    I suggest you look up Kate McIlwaine through Monash Hawthorn and make your appointment there. Kate also works at Geelong but unfortunately they do not do pgd testing in Geelong. I regret terribly that we went through a first cycle of 5 transfers for nothing. This epu I had to have done in hawthorn not at Geelong as they do not pgd test in Geelong. Unfortunately I wasn't informed of this first cycle. I think pgd testing should be mandatory for every cycle where embryos are frozen. There is a lot of money to be made transferring dud embryos unfortunately. Sorry if this sounds harsh but whilst I have stayed with Monash, I do feel that they withheld that information.
    Insist on the testing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 70% chance of a pregnancy resulting in a live birth from a pgd normal embryo. Why waste money transferring duds if you have already had miscarriages, likely due to chromosomal issues? The journey is heartbreaking enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @sunny79
    Thanks for the info. We are definitely going to do PGD. We fall pregnant pretty easily so regular IVF wouldn't be of any benefit for us. But we keep conceiving chromosomally abnormal babies, hence the PGD. I'll be 35 next month as well so I want to get on to trying IVF sooner rather than later. I am going through Moses Abe as I was seeing him anyway for my miscarriages, but perhaps it'll be Kate that actually does my egg retrieval? Moses has said that i'll need to go to Hawthorn for egg retrieval due to PGD so I guess I'll find out more about that soon. We have councelling this week and then seeing Moses for test results and finalising treatment plan the week after. That's when I book in with the nurse at IVF I believe? And prob need to do that in Melb? It's still all a bit confusing to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blue246 once you have a plan, you have a nurse appointment to pick up medications and they show you how to use them. I imagine they will still do this in Geelong. You start injecting after your period.!The nurses will arrange a scan and blood test on a certain day and that is all worked out once you are on cycle day 1. The scans and blood tests can be done in Geelong. The nurses will be in touch after the scan as to how things are/ when your egg pick up will be. That was when I was transferred to a Melbourne nurse.
    I am 37, we had 6 embryos tested this cycle - 3 normal and 1 is frozen but untested. 2 abnormal and discarded.
    Of our 5 embryos last cycle with no PGD testing, 2 miscarriages at around 6 weeks.
    How are you @Spec, @rhee1980 @kizmetzing?
    I am hoping to transfer late October early November depending on AF. I am thinking if I can arrange transfer in Melbourne I will do it there (2.5 hr drive for us). I am thinking if the embryos are in Melbourne why risk transporting them? And no doubt it will cost!
    Last edited by sunny79; 07-10-2016 at 21:45.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

rhee1980  (08-10-2016)