+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much girls for your support! Sometimes i feel there is so much more to discover in this field of infertility and i just wish that science was already there and that we didn't have to suffer so much. I didn't go through a counsellor either. The thing is: one day you feel really really down and you think you might be insane, and the next you put your strength together and you think you don't need a counsellor. Now i decided to try some hypnosis audio for infertility. Maybe its my mind convinced that i can't get pregnant? .... A friend of mind tried an hypnosis therapist and fell pregnant... but she said that she was trying so many things at the same time that she can't be sure whether that helped...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who knows @Lala81? The hypnosis helps with stress levels so it can't hurt that's for sure.
    What are your fertility issues? My husband as obstructive azoospermia so no sperm unless retrieved by needle biopsy. It is IVF and ICSI for us, our only chance at a family.
    Hi @Spec. Give you precious bubs a hug from all of us.
    @kizmetzing are you still following along? Missing you.
    I have an appointment with Kate tomorrow. Will let you know how we go. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lala81 it's so hard to tell what it is that tips odds in your favour. We tried so many things because I didn't want to end up thinking 'if only'. We both used acupuncture, saw a naturopath and followed the Bump+ nutrition plan (on MonashIVF website). I can't tell you if any of that helped or if we would have been lucky anyway, but it certainly helped our mindset.
    @sunny79 every day I look at her and wonder why we were the lucky ones. When we fell pregnant we knew we were lucky, but as more of our friends open up about their struggles it reinforces just how much of a miracle it really is.
    I hope all goes well with Kate and you feel positive about the next steps. I know I can't understand how you're feeling or what you're going through and it is a very personal choice but I do hope you keep trying. You've been an amazing support to everyone on here and you deserve to be a Mum. I know you'll be an amazing one xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 How did your appointment go? Hope you got some answers and a plan you feel positive about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 I have PCOS. I hope it is going to work out for us soon. How was your appointment? @Spec it is really good to know that you have a baby. It gives me some positive thoughts. If i can ask, how did you spend your 2 weeks post transfer? Did you guess at any stage that you were pregnant?
    One thing that i noticed during both my egg transfers is diarrhoea soon after. For me this seems to be the sign that it didn't work. @sunny79, did you ever experience that?
    Looking forward to the weekend. Have a great one! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lala81 My main reason for doing IVF was blocked tubes, but I also have PCOS so may have needed IVF anyway. The 'good' news is that IVF can be quite successful for PCOS sufferers.
    After transfer I tried to keep going as usual and keep busy doing the things I enjoy. I contained acupuncture and my acupuncturist told me there have been studied into things that increase chances of success and laughing was a big one. Aside from releasing hormones it promotes blood flow to your internal organs. So lots of comedy movies!
    For similar reasons they suggest warm food/drinks and keeping your feet warm.
    Prior to IVF I'd had surgery to clean my tubes and had fallen pregnant soon after. Unfortunately I lost one baby at 12 weeks and had another suspected early loss (positive home test but period arrived 2 days late). Both times I felt incredibly sick and just 'knew' I was pregnant. With IVF I don't recall any physical symptoms, so in that sense I didn't think it had worked. But I do remember feeling positive for some reason.
    In terms of having diarrhoea, are you taking crinone (or something similar). I have a feeling that was one of the possible side effects. So it may not necessarily be a sign that it's not working.
    Wishing you all the best! Where are you at in terms of treatments at the moment?

Thinking of you, Sunny. Hope you're going as well as possible xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Spec and @Lala81.
    So with 5 transfers did various things.
    For me
    The fet I did acupuncture didn't work
    The fet I did endometrial biopsy/scratch didn't work
    The 2x fet I went back to work 1.5hrs later didn't work
    The fet I stayed in bed for 2 days did work but miscarried later.
    The fet I went shopping after did work but also miscarried.
    I did Valium 3 out of 5 transfers and 2/3 worked so maybe that helps!
    No symptoms with any transfer apart from progesterone - sore boobs, a little back ache/tummy tightness. No different between when I did and didn't get pregnant. Anxiety same in all transfers. Poas every day from 4 days, often several times a day. Yep, every transfer.
    Haven't suffered any bowel issues in relation to transfer.
    AFM been to see FS. Drugs are in my fridge. Waiting on AF. going back to epu with PGD testing.
    we talked about reducing my dose to 125 gonal f instead of 150 to reduce risk OHSS as I suffered last time. Considering we had a great response and 19/22 eggs were mature, another year older, last chance - all added up to staying at the same protocol for me. I asked about quality over quantity - but she said the quality of my eggs wasn't the issue. It is hubbie because of the CF and immotile immature sperm.
    I throughly probed FS again. Queried clexane, prednisolone, lap, hysterscopy - everything again. I have been tested for everything with any evidence. She had just been to the IVF conference in Europe and showed me some slides regarding stats and immune etc. what works what doesn't. (I have a medical background so I need this). I am happy to stick with her for my last epu.
    Mentally holding up ok. My heart isn't in it anymore though. I just can't see a life with kids anymore. But that's ok too. Xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you, Sunny.
    I'm glad you are doing okay and are feeling comfortable with the plan that you have.
    I'm sorry that you feel like your heart isn't in it.
    Have you ever done the Webinars with Monash? I did the nutrition one with Dr Julie and that focussed a lot on improving egg and sperm quality through diet. We ended up doing the Bump+ program and hubby went from having a 'fine' sample to being told 'this is what we love to see' on the day of egg pick up.
    Zita West is another good one to look up.
    But like I've said before, who knows if any of this actually helped us. I think the main reason we tried all of the alternative things was because if it didn't work we could be confident that we tried absolutely everything.
    Wishing you all the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunny79 I'm still checking in, I just usually do it at work and since I got back from Europe, I've been FLAT OUT! We've almost finished the new house too which is a huge relief, though having said that DH has been there for the last two weeks with the painter and staying overnight so it's been rough staying home withough him (oddly quite fond of my husband!)

I've also been looking after my step daughter's two kids on a semi regular basis and I thought I would really struggle given how much I wanted another of my own but to be honest, I think I am so completely OK about it now that part of me is pretty happy it never worked out. I guess for me, it's making the most of what I have and I know I'm so wonderfully blessed that I don't need anything else.

I'm wishing you all the luck and love in the world with this EPU sunny. I honestly don't think I have ever wanted it for someone I dont really know as much as I want it for you. (ooh, does that sound creepy? It's not meant too!)

Welcome @Lala81

Hope your little one is still doing great @Spec

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kizmetzing so happy to hear things are going well for you. I would be excited about having a new house!! I think I remember reading somewhere that happiness levels post IVF in people who succeeded and those who failed were very much the same. I hold onto that stat - either way just want to get to 2 years past IVF. Lol.
    Thanks for your well wishes. I felt the same way for you. Someone who had Ohss as bad as you did really deserved success.
    I am feeling positive for this epu. A bit nervous as I have to have it in hawthorn as they don't do pgd in Geelong (answers the question of why pgd testing wasn't offered - trying not to dwell on that). It feels like doing it again for the first time, not knowing what to expect.
    Anyway, waiting on the red witch and hoping she co-operates with the 5 week break I have lined up. I had a super long cycle after the last miscarriage so I don't think she will. 😤😤