+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So not ectopic. There is a sack in the uterus but it is very small for the gestation. So low hcg, small sack, all signs saying not viable. Scan and bloods again next week

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Geelong Monash IVF

Glad to hear it's not ectopic. That must be a small relief in amongst a lot of worry.
    You're in all of our thoughts that this little one is going to surprise you at your next scan and blood tests.
    Hope you are doing okay emotionally and keeping yourself busy. We're all here if you need to chat xx
    Last edited by Spec; 18-07-2016 at 17:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first post in a while.

my partner and I had another round of IVF at Monash Geelong with no luck again.
    I dislike the progress of IFV and the lack of info given from the so called experts.
    my partner and I will have to talk about if we will go back there or go else where.
    clearly something is not right but they can't seem to figure it out.

hope others have luck there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry that it didn't work and that you feel you weren't given a lot of information. It's so disappointing especially considering the emotional, physical and financial investment put in to it.
    Definitely think about a second opinion as you need to be comfortable with who you are seeing.
    I'm bias, but highly recommend Moses Abe. We found him to be very informative and we were in constant contact with his private clinic. He does go through Monash though, so if you didn't want to go back that might be tricky.
    Wishing you the best of luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spec For This Useful Post:

Odd socks  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're okay, Sunny. Thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    So I am miscarrying again. Was to be expected. Hopefully will self resolve.
    @oddsocks sorry to hear things haven't worked out. A second opinion doesn't hurt. IVF unfortunately preys on hope, with lots of unknowns and a financial kick. So many walk away without a baby and the statistics we should perhaps be shown is - "this is how many babies we get per year, and this is how many people do not get a baby per year". Because the number in the last category is so much bigger. I hope you can join the success stories soon. They are out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry, Sunny. I know there is nothing that anyone can say that will make the situation any better. I hope there is a lot of love and support around you to help you through this horrible situation, but understand that a lot of the time we keep these things to ourselves. Please feel free to let your emotions out here if you feel that will help. Thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I have just joined the group. I am at my second unsuccessful embryo transfer. One embryo to go.
    I feel it is the time to share this pain with somebody.
    During each embryo transfer i am unable to sleep at night. Do you experience the same? How do you deal with it?
    I am also unable to share what i am going through with family and friends. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Lala,
    Sorry that you need to be here, but I'm glad you've found us.
    I can't help in terms of coping with unsuccessful embryo transfers, but I understand the pain of infertility and lost pregnancies.
    I found sleeping somewhat difficult however I did a lot of guided relaxation that really helped me. I used the Zita West ones and found them really helpful to focus my thoughts.
    I was very selective with who I told about IVF. As we were open about our first miscarriage I suspect that people assumed we were having difficulties when we didn't get pregnant for quite a while after.
    Telling people definitely had pros and cons. So it is certainly personal preference. I'm by no means suggesting you should or shouldn't. But here are a few things I found.
    It made it much easier in terms of not having to sneak injections or attend appointments.
    But it has its down sides too. We were incredibly lucky and did get pregnant, but I don't know how I would have managed telling people it didn't work. The downside was some people knew we were pregnant straight away, and with a history of losing pregnancies this made me nervous.
    The other thing that was had on me emotionally was that everyone we told thought IVF is guaranteed. So in the two week wait they didn't understand why I wasn't excited the whole time. They couldn't grasp the idea that this was quite a stressful time full of unknowns.
    I honestly feel my best support systems were anonymous people online. They've been or are going through it, and completely understand every aspect. I also felt I didn't have to keep my happy, positive persona online. I was much more honest to people I didn't know than for those around me.
    Have you spoken to your Doctor about things you/they will try differently when you are ready for your next transfer?
    Wishing you all the best and feel free to let out every emotion here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Lala81. Sorry you have to be here.
    I have had 5 failed FET - 2 pregnancies that both miscarried. As time has progressed I have told a few people about IVF as I feel it helps me deal with the emotions. Certainly not family as they are just too emotionally invested in wanting a grandchild etc.
    I am waking about 3am not being able to get back to sleep for many months. I haven't found anything helps. Sorry I can't be of more help. The mental and emotional toll of IVF is huge. Maybe the counsellors could help? I should go too but haven't been.