+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Appointment went ok. There really isn't much more we can do. Pgd testing the embryos is really the final link. We had a great stim cycle, lots of eggs, good fertilisation, high quality blastocysts, great lining. I have been tested for everything including immune stuff. Unless we try to start looking for someone else who maybe tests for something else....then you start getting into murky unproven waters and I don't want to go there.
    FS really didn't think a lap would reveal anything. Hysterscopy maybe nothing too.
    So now I suppose I just transfer the last one and then head back to a final stim. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    And there it is @sunny79 we do all we can and it's still not enough. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that this transfer is the one.

I've been struggling a bit lately. Due Date for the last emby that didn't take is approaching and it kind of feels like a bit of a last link. And now the miscarriage feels more weighty than ever because that is/was the last time I'll ever be pregnant. When it happened, I was OK, because it made me feel like I could get pregnant and it was just another step toward baby number 2. Now that's gone. It is all made much worse by the fact my step daughter is due in 4 weeks.

Anyway... life goes on.

How are you Spec? So close now!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kizmetzing For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kizmetzing,
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Hugs. I have an extremely close friend due on my "could have been" due date with her 2nd. I wonder how that is going to feel. IVF sucks.
    Your trip must be soon?
    I wonder when Spec's bubby is going to make an appearance. We are waiting Spec!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be watching the four corners report on the IVF industry tomorrow night with great interest. 8:30pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

My partner and I are only 24. He is extremely fit and has no issues and a very good sperm count (70 million). I have chronic Fatigue & PCO with 60+ follicles on each ovary. I don't eat very good but weigh only 58kg.
    Was on the pill for 8ish years and have never had a regular cycle my entire life.

I'm currently through Monash IVF Geelong. Had 7ish rounds so far of Clomid, Gonal F & menopur for Ovulation Induction. Nothing worked. biggest follicle i got was a 14 (most around 9-11) and that was after 27 days. Biggest dose of Gonal F was only 87.5 as they were worried i would overstim.

I have my first cycle of IVF with injections starting Friday so egg collection the week of Queens Birthday. They want to start me on Gonal F with a dose of 100 but i worry that its not enough.

I know i have a higher success rate than most because of my age but having so many follicles i am really worried i will under stim again. I am especially worried as they said i would have less scans for IVF than i had with my OI.

I have no idea how they will know if my follicles will be big enough to get to egg collect if i dont have a higher dose by my doctor said she is very concerned that i could overstim.

I'm not quite sure of the issues with over stim but i would have thought it was better than under stim. If you have any feedback that would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Geelong Monash IVF

Hi ivfstruggle. Welcome! Wish you didn't have to join us but glad to have a new lady.
    I am 36, only had 150 gonal F, had 22 eggs retrieved, 19 mature. Even on that low dose I did have mild/moderate over stim and it is awful. I don't have PCOS so I imagine for you the risk is much greater. OHSS is Painful and you feel terrible. Kizmetzing had an awful overstim if you read back through the thread where she ended up in hospital. It can be very dangerous.
    You should respond well to 100 and I would go with the FS recommendation. I can understand you are hestitant after the gonal f hasn't worked with OI. The gonal f combined with the other drugs makes the IVF cycle a bit different I believe. We never had OI.
    Good luck for your cycle. They generally only do one scan to see how many follicles for IVF.
    Best advice I have to you is insist on PGD testing of all your embryos (if you are fortunate to get any to freeze) about $3,000, but means you only transfer normal embryos. Why waste heartache and money on transferring embryos that are duds - and they cannot tell from how good they look under the microscope. You will need to tell them straight away though as ? You have to have egg collection in Melbourne???
    We had 5 frozen embryos from our first cycle. We are due to transfer our last frozen one this month and still no success (one miscarriage). These were all excellent embryos. It is a huge regret for us not doing the pgd testing. I don't cope very well emotionally with IVF, so I want the end in sight.
    Last edited by sunny79; 31-05-2016 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!
    I will definitely look into the PGD testing. I really dont want to waste my time transferring dud embryos.
    I think i just feel a little stressed as i'm so used to having 3-5 ultrasounds a cycle and i like to know whats happening every step of the way that not having those ultrasounds just makes me worry a bit more!

I have my ultrasound booked in for next Friday 10th so fingers crossed it all goes well and i can go to EPU.

I'm very glad i found this thread! Its hard talking to friends as i always get the whole "I know someone who did 20 rounds of IVF and they stopped thinking about it and got pregnant naturally" Or the "If you just don't think about it it will just happen".
    I have my egg collect at Geelong Private so close to home which is good!

Will you go back and do another EPU if this frozen doesnt work? Fingers crossed it does and you wont have to worry about it.

I agree with the emotional side its so hard especially when not many people understand!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ivfstruggle.
    It is great to have some other ladies to share the journey with. I get overwhelmed on some of the other threads and lose track of people. This thread is quieter and I feel closer to the ladies here knowing we are all at Geelong clinic.
    I think I have one more EPU in me if this FET doesn't work. I drew a line in the sand after the miscarriage NYE and we are done one way or another by February next year. That's 2 years out of my life on the IVF roller coaster and that's enough. Not adding all the years of ttc.
    I have always publicly maintained I don't want kids, just my dogs! So no-one really knows about our IVF. A really close friend and DH's sister who is publicly sharing her IVF journey.
    No one I have to explain things to when it fails. My hubbie is a cystic fibrosis carrier and produces no sperm in the ejaculate. They have to retrieve it via a needle biopsy to the testicle. He does it awake. Ouch! So no amount of relaxing is getting us anywhere! Nature's vasectomy. I hate it when people say it to those ttc. It has nothing to do with it. The stress of ttc is bad enough, don't add to it.
    So are you jabbing yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ivfstruggle - understim will mean going back for another round, overstim could kill you...

Off on my holiday tomorrow @sunny79 Have you decided when you are going back for that emby? If you ever want/need to catch up and talk in person to someone who might just "get it", I'm happy to drink coffee anytime!
    @Spec are you quiet because you are too busy looking after a newborn? Hope all goes well!

I probably won't stick my head in here while I'm away, so will catch up with everyone's news when I'm back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have an amazing holiday Kizmetzing! Eat, drink and be merry. So jealous.
    Well by the time you check back in hopefully I will be preggo. Lol.
    Having lining scan Friday 17th, 5th medicated Fet should be somewhere between 23rd and 27th June.
    All the crazies starting again.!

I have been waiting for news from
    spec too?? @Spec ???