+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stupid question. How did u test the carrier when u were pregnant? You can't put it in front of u to check if it is comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Stupid question. How did u test the carrier when u were pregnant? You can't put it in front of u to check if it is comfortable.
    I'm researching now and will purchase after birth. Not sure what others do. I think this is why the stokke isn't good for me as is didn't get a chance to do a good try on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hijack thread but was in a baby shop yesterday and have been thinking about upgrading to ergo 360 as I find the original doesn't have a great deal of head support. However I also saw one that looked very similar called mini monkey dynamic. It's a bit lighter and it can also do a front carry like ergo 360 but you don't need an infant insert and you can also cross the straps at the back. It also has an extra back strap so avoid weight being on shoulders.

Like others I didn't try it on being 38 weeks pregnant but plan to have another look when baby arrives as I will prob not be using a buckled carrier straight away.

Also it's a lot cheaper than the ergo. I havnt found many reviews but the odd ones I've seen have been positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a ring sling for my first plus a hip-dangler (Bjorn style) for short periods.

For DS I used a piece of fabric turned into a hug-a-bub style wrap when he was a newborn. I then decided to get a structured carrier when DS was about 8 months. He hated the ergo (I tried him in one in the shop at 4m and again at 8m and he just screamed both times) and I found it really hard to juggle him and getting it on. I was going to be using it to travel, so needed to be able to hold him and put it on at the same time.

I ended up with the mini monkey. I liked that it was cotton, it was easier to get on and him into. I love the fact that it can do forward facing and backpack carry. I've never tried it in hip carry. The only flaw is I find the shoulder straps don't adjust quite enough, I'm not small and they just seem a bit long.

I'mnot sure which 'model' I got. It's grey with yellow/orange clips.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I couldn't basically. I did try putting the hugabub on once or twice but I was as hopeless at it then as I am now not pregnant. On the bright side, whatever you buy there should be reasonable resale value online if you don't like it.

Don't buy the baby bjorn new tho, there's a million of them second hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is EOFY sale so thinking of getting it now. But I guess there is only 30 days return policy so kinda difficult. For second hand, I was told that thy are many fake ones out there?

I found the process difficult for stuff that only has a year warranty. If you buy it too early, you basically only have less warranty period left before the start of the use date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have a Tula but didn't use it until no insert was required. I also have a ring sling, a stretchy wrap and a few woven wraps. Woven wraps are the most comfortable for me but I like the Tula for back carries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal: I found it difficult to buy a specific brand of stuff on gumtree in Perth. If you are lucky, a few will pop up but not exactly cheap. That's why my initial motivation of buying second hand has turned into of not worth the hassle while i can spend just a bit more for a new one. Anyway, ideally we should probably wait until the bub is here to buy the carrier but decided to have a look today given that it is EOFY sale. I was interested in the ergo baby 360 as recommended by many of you but found it hard to clip and tighten everything with one hand (assuming one hand holding the baby). We talked to the shop person and they recommended us baby bjorn one. DH and i think it is fairly easy to use. Much more intuitive than ergo baby. (LOL....perhaps we just need someone to demonstrate that to us!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a babywearing consultant in Perth. She will come to your house & show you a bunch of different carriers & how to use them safely. It is a service you have to pay for but well worth it IMO. Then you can make an informed decision about which carrier suits your needs the best.
    PM me if you would like her details.
    If you are looking to buy second hand the best option is to join your local babywearing buy sell swap group on Facebook. Lots of carriers listed there.
    There are so many better/more comfortable options than the baby bjorn out there!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby carrier

@ScubaGal: I found it difficult to buy a specific brand of stuff on gumtree in Perth. If you are lucky, a few will pop up but not exactly cheap. That's why my initial motivation of buying second hand has turned into of not worth the hassle while i can spend just a bit more for a new one. Anyway, ideally we should probably wait until the bub is here to buy the carrier but decided to have a look today given that it is EOFY sale. I was interested in the ergo baby 360 as recommended by many of you but found it hard to clip and tighten everything with one hand (assuming one hand holding the baby). We talked to the shop person and they recommended us baby bjorn one. DH and i think it is fairly easy to use. Much more intuitive than ergo baby. (LOL....perhaps we just need someone to demonstrate that to us!).
    I've never tried the baby bjorn so don't know much about user comfort etc but do make sure you do some research about the optimal position of baby's hips whilst being carried. This was a big deciding factor for me as I was concerned about the risk of hip problems with carriers like the bjorn. Saying that I always wonder why they still sell them and are so popular if the risks are as bad as you often read about as I'm sure 99% of babies carried in them have no issues or else why would people keep buying them?!

http://hipdysplasia.org/developmenta...her-equipment/

Can't find many scientific articles but if you search hip dysplasia and baby carriers there are quite a lot of articles online.
    Last edited by nh2489; 14-06-2015 at 07:25.