+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 729
  1. #701
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,091
    Thanks
    7,250
    Thanked
    5,865
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    He loves childcare thankfully. His educator raised concerns about his speech today so looks like we'll be off to speechy soon.
    Nothing to be scared of. The more help you get the better. We have seen a speechy before.
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Ds is now here and 3 weeks old already. Like dd showing signs of bad reflux already, constant screaming and no sleeping ever
    Nooooo..... xx hugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkaboo View Post
    All good here. DD is 22 months old and going along well. Hitting all milestones. A bit behind with speech but she still has time. Still a fussy eater, but that's her only downfall. I just love her to bits. She's at such a fun age. Her little personality is just shining through. She is shy around other but loves her mummy and daddy so much.
    Such a fun age isn't it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Hi
    Dd is 2 and nearly 3mths

    Still obsessed with cheese lol
    Growing well
    Sleeps 13+ hrs at night
    Since her 2nd birthday has not had a nap in the day
    All poo's go in to loo since 19mths
    50% of wees go in
    Probably says close to 100 words
    Since 2 mostly says 3-4 words sentences
    She's a bit of a handful atm
    Put her name down for kindy in 2018 and will start school in 2019
    Still sleeps in her cot in our room
    Yay for toilet training!!! We have just started.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Attachment 82080

    Nothing new here just cooking away... Only a few weeks to go.
    So exciting!!! Much waited for bubba there.

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    767
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkaboo View Post
    All good here. DD is 22 months old and going along well. Hitting all milestones. A bit behind with speech but she still has time. Still a fussy eater, but that's her only downfall. I just love her to bits. She's at such a fun age. Her little personality is just shining through. She is shy around other but loves her mummy and daddy so much.
    Fussy eater here too! He was fine up until a couple of months ago. All veggies get pushed to the side, drives me nuts but we just keep serving him what we have.
    @Kazza78 oh that reminds me we need to apply at kindys too. Problem is I have no idea where we'll be living. I was hoping the new local catholic school would have their kindy built by 2018 but likely not. Sigh better get onto that.

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,450
    Thanks
    1,897
    Thanked
    1,149
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bummer about that kindy heids.
    It must be tricky not knowing where you'll be living next

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    TAS
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    782
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Fussy eater here too! He was fine up until a couple of months ago. All veggies get pushed to the side, drives me nuts but we just keep serving him what we have.
    @Kazza78 oh that reminds me we need to apply at kindys too. Problem is I have no idea where we'll be living. I was hoping the new local catholic school would have their kindy built by 2018 but likely not. Sigh better get onto that.
    Apparently fussy eating is common with kids who had IUGR (which is why DD was born early). I was shown an article about it the other day from a fellow IUGR parents. So DD will be fussy for a long time yet. We offer the healthy options first, and her favourites second (so at least she is eating SOMETHING).

    Another suggestion is to feed the healthier stuff in the first meals of the day (fruit and veg etc). So if he eats better first up, you don't have to feel so bad if he just wants toast for dinner. :P

    Hope you can find the perfect kindy.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

    Mamasupial  (29-06-2016)

  6. #705
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,091
    Thanks
    7,250
    Thanked
    5,865
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That's what I do. Offer healthy first then it usually ends with toast lol. We have started trying to really boost protein etc in possums diet. Paed isn't happy with her weight. She's only gained 200g this year.

  7. #706
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a lot of nutella and cheese and yoghurt and not much else do picky all meal times now

  8. #707
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    TAS
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    782
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD doesn't even like Nutella. She clearly doesn't take after me. Haha.
    @Mamasupial - what are protein rich foods you've been offering? I need ideas.

  9. #708
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    767
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkaboo View Post
    Apparently fussy eating is common with kids who had IUGR (which is why DD was born early). I was shown an article about it the other day from a fellow IUGR parents. So DD will be fussy for a long time yet. We offer the healthy options first, and her favourites second (so at least she is eating SOMETHING).

    Another suggestion is to feed the healthier stuff in the first meals of the day (fruit and veg etc). So if he eats better first up, you don't have to feel so bad if he just wants toast for dinner. :P

    Hope you can find the perfect kindy.
    Luckily DS is a fruitbat and loves dairy and meat so it's only the veggies and dinnertime that are the problem. He only gets offered what we do so if he doesn't eat dinner we just presume he's not very hungry. He absolutely smashed porcupine meatballs the other night but refused them a few nights earlier, weird.

  10. #709
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    TAS
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    782
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Getting DD to eat anything that isn't sweet is a huge struggle for me. She ate chicken fingers for dinner last night! I've never been so excited. Haha.
    Sometimes she loves meatballs, other times she doesn't even wan't them in her sight.

  11. #710
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    767
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkaboo View Post
    Getting DD to eat anything that isn't sweet is a huge struggle for me. She ate chicken fingers for dinner last night! I've never been so excited. Haha.
    Sometimes she loves meatballs, other times she doesn't even wan't them in her sight.
    Typical toddler! We had soup last night and he would eat it on toast but not by itself 😕


 

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 at last! Time for some bfps! #4
    By MrsTugs in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 637
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 20:55
  2. : Pumpkin Protocol 2014: Belated BFPs, Bumps & Babies #3
    By Little Ted in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 989
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 09:18
  3. Pumpkin Protocol 2014: Belated BFPs, Bumps & Babies #2
    By littleduck in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 949
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 23:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and post natal services as well as physiotherapy and Pilates. All clinics offer child minding services so bubs are always welcome!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!