+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my experiences, canulas hurt heaps and restrict what positions you labor in, and the Ctg monitoring restricts you to lying in bed where contractions hurt a heap more because you can't walk away the pain.
    By the why shrillian, 'birth skills is s fantastic book, and the earlier you start practising the more comfortable you become with them.

Heids, you can do it, it's hard, it a whole new adjustment, and sometimes someone misses out. That's the thing I found the hardest, if both kids needed me who do I go too first? Sometimes you just have to hold both and cry along with them.
    And tv is your friend, if you can't get ds to sleep when dd is, pop the tv on for 20 minutes and have a power nap.
    Make sure you feed yourself, and get lots of water, you've got to look after yourself before you can look after the bubs.
    You can do it Heids!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Heids89  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How does a thing in your hand/arm restrict birthing positions?

I've never had cannulas hurt for the various operations I've had, but that's obviously different for every person. Intrigued how it stops you, though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never got the chance to have those ctg things put on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When you're being monitored you have to lay in bed on ur back. Not an ideal birthing position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had a canula for ds's induction. No time with dd. It hurt because any time I would move my wrist it would bump the pokey out bit. I wouldn't have been able to rock on my hands and knees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    When you're being monitored you have to lay in bed on ur back. Not an ideal birthing position.
    Only continuously if have an epi not just for monitoring they can put a portable device in or still let you have time away from bed only with an epi are you stuck due to safety as you lose control of your legs. Don't let them worry you if they say they want to monitor at any point as won't be stuck whole time. I was more then happy as wanted my epi before back injuries surfaced as was advised was best early in and it showed my vomiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my epi lol induction hurts like a mofo plus it was meant to help stabilise my bp. Don't know if it helped my vomiting at all they gave me an iv with some drugs for both vomiting and bp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh induction must hurt like hell😱

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I birthed lying down. I had zero left in me by the time I could push. I couldn't even hold myself in hands and knees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @Heids89 - I am ignorant on all of these matters: why didn't you want a cannula or CTG monitoring?
    I find cannulas restricting and uncomfortable. For alot of vbac mummas a cannula is put in as a "precaution" which is largely unnecessary and makes it easier for the hospital to do certain interventions. I told the midwife if she could get the cannula in first go then ill accept it haha.

CTG monitoring can be restricting which is one reason why I wasn't keen, but I got given a waterproof and wireless one so I walked around abit with it and also sat in the shower for ages with it. I pushed bub out on my knees leaning on the back of the bed so it didnt restrict my position luckily. There is research to suggest that CTG doesn't improve fetal health outcomes and the trace can be interpreted differently from doc to doc so interventions may be suggested that arent necessary. For most women intermittent doppler monitoring is sufficient and can still pick up on abnormalities. Having both interventions did stop me from being "allowed" in the birthing tub. The ctg picked up bubs heartrate as too high so they gave me iv fluids as they thought I was dehydrated. Lucky after they broke my waters everything progressed nicely with no further complications.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (15-11-2015),MrsLA  (15-11-2015),Shrillian  (15-11-2015)