+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    That happened to us Jenjen. Ds and dd tag teamed for 2 months alternating between gastro and colds. Ds's first winter at preschool. Here's to building up immune systems...

Heidi how many weeks are you now? Have you had your morph scan yet?
    Ugh, thats why I've been really hesitant to start daycare for DS. I know he would love it but I'm so paranoid about the sickness aspect. I guess I have to get over it eventually as he has to go to school :P

I'm 24 weeks and had my morph scan end of June :-) One happy little bubba, surprise gender. I had a dream it was a girl last night and I suggested Angelique or Harriet as names to DH haha. It was my first dream where the baby had a gender so I'm interested to see what happens!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (15-07-2015),Kazza78  (15-07-2015),sjk  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Ugh, thats why I've been really hesitant to start daycare for DS. I know he would love it but I'm so paranoid about the sickness aspect. I guess I have to get over it eventually as he has to go to school :P

I'm 24 weeks and had my morph scan end of June :-) One happy little bubba, surprise gender. I had a dream it was a girl last night and I suggested Angelique or Harriet as names to DH haha. It was my first dream where the baby had a gender so I'm interested to see what happens!
    So exciting I hope you're dream is right in the same with DS for care I'm waiting another year I think

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I think no matter when they start they will still get sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I love the name Harriet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they are bound to get sick. Im hoping to get DS into care 1 day a week before bub comes.

I quite like Harriet too... But DH disagrees! Bah!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    Hey mummas,
    Who's kids are in daycare?
    Have your kids been constantly sick?
    My friends bub went in, in may and has been sick every single week. Flu, gastro, ear infections, 2 x hfm, 3 x colds... It's crazy!
    Ds started cc this week @jenjenOo. He went for an orientation day on the 2/7. He was there for 2 hrs and ended up with a ear and throat infection and conjunctivitis. He ended up calling in sick last week because he was too sick to go. He went this week because he is better but im waiting for him to bring the next lot of germs home. It was such a hard week because we all go sick. So add a troat infection and head cold on top of 1st trimester nausea and fatigue it was absolutely awful. We have decided to change his days. We were sending him for 3 days tue-thu but have changed to mon tue at cc and wed at mils. He has had a bit of trouble settling in this week so im glad ive started him a few weeks before i go back to work because it means i can pick him up early for the first few weeks. He seems to be getting better every day though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear kelstar that sounds horrible especially with MS as well, yuck! DS woke up with conjunctivitis today. Pharmacist wouldn't give anything over the counter so we're off to the doc this arvo. Such bad timing with the show on, we were going to go tomorrow but don't know if we should now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea it wasnt very good heids.

We got clorsig from the gp and it cleared up straight away. It was very hard getting the drops in though. Ds wasn't a fan at all

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    That's no good kelstar. But good you can be flexible for the next few weeks to help him settle in.

For ds I used bm on his conjunctivitis. Dr said to use saline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it was the best decision i made to send him before i started working. I would have already had a whole week off sick and had half days this week which wouldn't be ideal.