+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Kids activities

What do you do?

How much do you pay?

DD tried little kickers and I didn't like our teacher she wasn't 'fun'... More serious. So I stopped taking her. She's 2. We haven't tried anything else. She has too much energy! She goes cc 3 days a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    When mine were that age I did a couple of different playgroups ($3 for one child or $5 for 2 or more per session. Less if you had a HCC), reading group at the library (free) and mums and bubs swimming $5 per session.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My big kids are 6 and 7. They go to scouts and swimming. Scouts is $6 per child per week. $25 per child per excursion usually. Swimming is $125 a term but they also get free entry to the pool. That is terms 1 and 4.

Dd 7 months is going to swimming come September also.

Other activities i did with my kids when they were toddlers, were playgroups, mainly music as well as parks and regular trips to the pool.

Maybe go to botanic gardens for picnics, fruit picking, miniature railways, central markets, port nourlunga playground, a walk along the river torrens, shell collecting at the beach. There is so much to do in adelaide. We are a bit spoilt. Also zoo membership is awesome for toddlers as you can just leave if they have a tantrum and come back another day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We go out all the time but I don't think it's enough for her she's very bright and intense.

We goto the park everyday etc I haven't been to playgroup since we moved back from QLD. Been bit slack there. I just looked at swimming lessons and they want $20 per lesson!? That's $40 a week that's why I posted the thread. I will have to keep looking as that's ridiculous (I think anyway).

She gets angry when she's bored so I have fix it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I would say zoo membership would be good and talk to her about all the animals. The museum is also great fun for toddlers and yes they are allowed to run around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 2yo you should be able to get away with parks etc. Plus playgroup, library.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is 4 but we've been doing little kickers since he was 18 months old - he loves it, it's about $17 a week , we've been doing mainly music since he was 2 - $5 a week ( songs and dancing with percussion instruments) he also does trampoling ninjas every week which is $15 ( started last year) and he started Auskick ( mini AFL ) this year approx $12 a week - plus 2 days a week pre school, we literally have something on every day but I love that !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    We go out all the time but I don't think it's enough for her she's very bright and intense.

We goto the park everyday etc I haven't been to playgroup since we moved back from QLD. Been bit slack there. I just looked at swimming lessons and they want $20 per lesson!? That's $40 a week that's why I posted the thread. I will have to keep looking as that's ridiculous (I think anyway).

She gets angry when she's bored so I have fix it
    You could just take her to the pool for a splash and let her burn off some energy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    DS is 4 but we've been doing little kickers since he was 18 months old - he loves it, it's about $17 a week , we've been doing mainly music since he was 2 - $5 a week ( songs and dancing with percussion instruments) he also does trampoling ninjas every week which is $15 ( started last year) and he started Auskick ( mini AFL ) this year approx $12 a week - plus 2 days a week pre school, we literally have something on every day but I love that !
    I am the same! I live off being busy haha. We are taking her to a golf trial next week ⛳️ I hope she likes it!!!!!

I will get a membership do you think she's too young for ice arena haha!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely the zoo membership. Then you go often, for small chunks of time. You get into monarto as well, and some other zoos around Australia.

Ice arena was having sessions for young kids recently. Designed specifically for them without big kids around.

Kindergym is always good.
    Story time at the library. Check out different libraries. Not sure where you are located in Adelaide.

Theatre bugs can be fun for her age.