+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm, should I not admit that I tell my kids to go away and jump in puddles? And that my 9.5mo has had to have clothes thrown out because they have so much dirt ground into them?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (09-06-2015),LoveLivesHere  (09-06-2015),MrsSS  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    No....hell no. My kids have never ever mud played. They would be under the shower if they tried

We go camping and everything and i have instilled cleanliness and self respect from a very early age
    This would have to be the strangest comment I've ever read on here. Surely it's a joke?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigmummahen For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2015),FrothyFrog  (10-06-2015),KillerHeels  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Articles like that s*** me to tears. Most allergies develop at quite a young age so dirt exposure doesn't come into it.
    Sorry its a sore point for me.
    Me too! If only I had exposed myself to more filth when UTD with DD she wouldn't have so many allergies!

VP, the old me would have thrown it out but the new me (trying to let go and not taking this parenting gig too seriously) would have still used it.

But I generally sit in camp 'a little mud and dirt is good, but other people's filth is just plain gross'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmummahen View Post
    This would have to be the strangest comment I've ever read on here. Surely it's a joke?
    unfortunatly i dont think its a joke... sad to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    It is lucky all of you have normal kids without a strong family history of acne and incidence of early puberty in your family

And lets add autism on top where they get stuck in routines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Articles like that s*** me to tears. Most allergies develop at quite a young age so dirt exposure doesn't come into it.
    Sorry its a sore point for me.
    Many medical experts believe that exposure to dirt/germs is good because the body begins to fight things it doesn't need to when it hasn't been exposed to things it needs to, so can't recognise when it actually needs to kill off germs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is lucky all of you have normal kids without a strong family history of acne and incidence of early puberty in your family

Thats a very narrow minded comment.. my DS has acne and takes medication and uses an antibiotic cream daily and he played in mud, DSD has also hit puberty early as well and still plays in mud.

Also my 3 nephews are autistic and also still play in mud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I understand that some children with autism may not like playing in mud and dirt, I know a few at my school love playing with their toy cars in the dirt and make tracks to play in. But to imply that people who do let their kids play in dirt and mud are not teaching their children self respect is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2015),DizzyDaisy  (09-06-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Can I ask how early puberty is relevant to mud play?

I find your parallel between absence of mud play and self respect odd. I think kids can understand that if they get dirty they are still great people, just great people who need a bath.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2015),Fox in Sox  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I understand that some children with autism may not like playing in mud and dirt, I know a few at my school love playing with their toy cars in the dirt and make tracks to play in. But to imply that people who do let their kids play in dirt and mud are not teaching their children self respect is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?
    I said I teach my kids self respect. Not everyone elses