+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I dropped one in a baby change room today and I used it. Didn't occur to me to chuck it out, nappies are expensive! Only the outside of it hit the floor anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Genuine question to those in the 'bin it' camp: what are you worried will happen because of the germs?
    For me it's the fact that bub would still be touching the outside of her nappy and putting her hands in her mouth etc. I don't care that the floors/toilet seat are cleaner than other places, it's still got germs on it, some of which can make a baby/child really sick!!

DD is exposed to enough germs in the air, from other people/children when we're out as well as when we take her outside in the garden etc. I don't need to add a public toilet floor's faecal , urine, dirt , vomit, mucus and whatever other manner of putrid things people and children and walking in and out of the place (including myself) to her repertoire!!

For the other poster asking I do use one of her wraps/blanket to put on the change table to change her on which then goes into the wash basket when we get home. I also have one of those "Cozi Cart Covers" that go over the trolley as well. I can think of nothing more revolting than letting her suck on the trolley bar!!

Any toy that gets dropped when we're out gets put away and washed etc when we get home and I'd never let her eat anything that had fallen on the floor either...Disgusting and unnecessary IMO.

We're not that hard up that we can't afford to bin 1 nappy if this were to happen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

New Hope  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    For me it's the fact that bub would still be touching the outside of her nappy and putting her hands in her mouth etc. I don't care that the floors/toilet seat are cleaner than other places, it's still got germs on it, some of which can make a baby/child really sick!!

DD is exposed to enough germs in the air, from other people/children when we're out as well as when we take her outside in the garden etc. I don't need to add a public toilet floor's faecal , urine, dirt , vomit, mucus and whatever other manner of putrid things people and children and walking in and out of the place (including myself) to her repertoire!!

For the other poster asking I do use one of her wraps/blanket to put on the change table to change her on which then goes into the wash basket when we get home. I also have one of those "Cozi Cart Covers" that go over the trolley as well. I can think of nothing more revolting than letting her suck on the trolley bar!!

Any toy that gets dropped when we're out gets put away and washed etc when we get home and I'd never let her eat anything that had fallen on the floor either...Disgusting and unnecessary IMO.

We're not that hard up that we can't afford to bin 1 nappy if this were to happen.
    Genuine question what happens if you have to change more than once? Do you remember what side you used? And where is it stored?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Genuine question what happens if you have to change more than once? Do you remember what side you used? And where is it stored?
    Yes, because I pack a few wraps for that purpose

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd use it without a second thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Wwyd: Nappy dropped on ground

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post

Yes, because I pack a few wraps for that purpose
    But technically the bottom of your wrap or change mat or trolley cover are touching all the germs on the change table and trolley anyway so unless you disinfect them before putting them back in your bag before you get home they are still contaminated with whatever germs your frightened of in the first place?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Elijahs Mum Firstly, I'm not "frightened", just prefer not to take what I see as an uneccessary risk which is my prerogative and secondly, the wraps get put into a shopping bag and tied up before going back into the nappy bag and the trolley cover gets taken off, put into the same shopping bag and straight into the washing machine when we get home so I don't need to disinfect anything

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (09-06-2015),VicPark  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    But isn't the germy nappy under clothes? How is the baby touching it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would use it without a second thought. But then, in nearly 17 years of parenting, I don't think I've ever wiped a toilet seat before my child sat on it, so I guess I'm a bit feral.

Weirdly enough, I have three very healthy kids despite this, so I guess I haven't done then too much damage.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fox in Sox For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (09-06-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (09-06-2015),LoveLivesHere  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    I would use it without a second thought. But then, in nearly 17 years of parenting, I don't think I've ever wiped a toilet seat before my child sat on it, so I guess I'm a bit feral.

Weirdly enough, I have three very healthy kids despite this, so I guess I haven't done then too much damage.
    I must be feral as well lol. I let my kids play outside in mud , the garden etc I can't remember how many times I fished dirt out of their mouths lol.

I have 2 very healthy adult kids

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Fox in Sox  (09-06-2015)