+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Bit off track but are you going to get engorged at work?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Formula for daycare questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Bit off track but are you going to get engorged at work?
    If this happens, could you just hand express for comfort and discard what you get out?

Also if bub already has breast milk from a bottle, you'd be surprised what they will drink formula wise. As you know from our DIG my DS won't even take a bottle of EBM so the knowing how to drink from a bottle is usually the biggest battle.

But if bub doesn't like the taste of the one you have, in the next 3 weeks, try expressing and offering 1/4 formula and 3/4 breast milk for 1-3 days, then 1/2 and 1/2, then 3/4 and 1/4, then full formula.

I've also heard good things about Bellamys organic, never heard a bad thing about it. I actually have a tin I haven't opened and won't because of DSs CMPI, so you're welcome to have it if you would like it? Just PM me and I can arrange to get it to you.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 09-06-2015 at 09:13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (09-06-2015)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    I haven't used a pump before but have some friends who do and they just pump at home the night before or morning of and take it to care.
    Yep I could do that, but it takes ages to pump these days (not as full as I used to be) and to get enough for 4 full feeds/week I'll need to set aside a lot of pumping time every week.
    @Mamasupial I could get engorged, I'd just hand express at work to ease it off a bit I think. Can only try really. I don't tend to get engorged as much anymore as the frequency of feeds is a lot less so there isn't as much there I suppose. I'll probably just pick up DS and get him straight on as soon as I see him I think haha!
    @A-Squared thanks for the kind offer! I'm still tossing up on whether I should do it or not so will let you know if I do and go with that formula.

I tried to find sachets today, the chemist said they are really hard to come by these days. Will try a bigger one tomorrow and see if they have any.

Thanks for the replies ladies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-06-2015)