+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    Hi @Mellie29 thanks! Sorry to hear of your ectopic, it's a shocking thing to go through hey!
    My hcg has steadily dropped from 700's last Thursday ( the night I went to hosptial) to 350 over the weekend to now 137 today. How long from when u were at about that level did it take you to get to 0? My Dr says even though it has dropped quickly now it could still take 2-3 weeks to go to 0. Was this the case for you? And when u got to 0, how long did it take to get your period? ( can't believe I'm already looking to the future for my next cycle. If you'd asked me on the weekend how I felt about trying again you would have gotten a different answer!)
    I went in on a Wednesday night, had the methotrexate pills on Saturday and discharged Sunday. My levels had dropped by almost half.

Mine was a bit different though, I woke up Tuesday with pain in my shoulder and knew something was not right. I had a follow up blood test then went up to the ward were I had been - I finally got admitted (after one nurse tried to send me home) and was sent for the ultrasound. Before they started my bloods came back showing my hcg levels had doubled. I ended up having emergency surgery to remove the tube.

Once the tube was removed - from my understanding - my levels dropped down to 0. I think it was almost 2 months till I got my period again. But I have fertility issues (pcos) so my cycles are all over the shop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that sounds bad. It must have been serious. They Drs always ask me if I have shoulder pain ( I haven't).
    That's the horrible part, you would have felt you were on your way to getting better with your levels halving only for there still to be pain. Hope you have fully recovered now x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 That's such good news that your levels are going down on their own. What a relief. With regards to cycles starting up again, even though it took 2 months for my HCG to drop completely, my period started pretty much within a day of my blood results getting to zero, and have been regular ever since. Fingers crossed everything keeps going in the right direction and resolves quickly for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MrsChino , I go back on Thursday for a follow up blood test. Still bleeding a fair bit on and off but I guess that can happen for awhile. The weird thing was that today I had ewcm. Surely I can't be about to ovulate if I still have hcg in my system?! Who knows what's going on with my body at the moment!
    Thanks for the info re- cycles. I'm trying to guess when I will possible able to do IVF again. Some much waiting and guessing and hoping in this journey!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ectopic pregnancy

@Hopeful37I hope your doing okay. Just wanted to check in on you xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie29 View Post
    @Hopeful37I hope your doing okay. Just wanted to check in on you xxx
    Thanks Mellie doing ok. Still got bleeding which sometimes is quite heavy and freaks me out. It seems like it's eased of a bit this morning so here's hoping! Thanks for your message xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bleeding lasted a few weeks, even after having surgery. It's not much fun at all 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know that it's not out of the ordinary to bleed do much @mellie. I was starting to worry about. But it sounds like I may be bleeding for a bit longer yet! Can't wait until this is all over