+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cot recommendations please

I would like to replace our cot but I am so confused. The last one I bought second hand it was a Kingparrot which I think are made by Boori but their budget version and a regular size. It did DS 3yrs and had a few other kids in it for short periods before he came to me. Having been used a couple of years before I got it I think it's done it's duty. So as most of you know I do foster care and can have little ones from 0-2yrs come to stay for short term or for a forever home and I need to be prepared on a few hours notice. I need one that will last years as I will continue to FC as long as I am physically able. At the moment I'm tossing up between the Boori Classic and several Grotime ones.

What cot do you have and do you like it? Has it been solid and long lasting? Is a Boori cot worth the extra? Those with Boori do you find the larger size a benefit or a hindrance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a boori and a gro time. I like that my gro time goes to a king single bed and also the quality has been fantastic.

I paid full price but would get second hand next time I got the diamond one

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a Grotime here. It's 4yrs old now and has been through 2 kids. It is as solid as the day we got it! It has been put up and down a few times (storage, moving etc) and have had no dramas. Cosmetically it's not 100% but we'll still keep it for when we are ready for #3.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got a Boori second hand. I didn't realize it was a larger size than regular but I love its size. My large 2yo fits in it perfectly with quite a lot of spare space

We are moving him to a single king bed. If we weren't we would have been happy to leave him in the boori modified as toddler bed for a couple of years.

Worth the investment IMo. I love that their dropped side is very quiet. Nothing like struggling to settle a baby and then waking him up with a stupid loud cot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I forgot to add (some of the gro time cots are bigger) I just bought KS sheets as eventually dd will be in a KS. So I pull them over tight.

Your doing a wonderful thing. I didn't realise you did this 😇

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a Boori that I bought secondhand off a friend. It's been used for both her two boys and now my DS. It's still in excellent condition and we've been really happy with it. I like that it's solid and a bit larger. I'm planning on using it for DS as a toddler bed so even if I'd paid more for it I think it would have been worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another boori fan. Bought new and still looks new...no.2 is using it now. Excellent quality and looks beautiful too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Boori that is now 7 years old and still like brand new. DD3 is currently using it as a toddler bed. I think its worth that extra money if you're planning on using it for a while.
    Last edited by amazonbaby; 10-06-2015 at 12:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about no drop side cots? I was looking at a couple of baby shops today and found it's becoming more common. I was thinking most were drop side these days but apparently not.