+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What did u do different in the cycle you conceived?

Just wondering, for those of you who have tried to fall pregnant for more than 3 cycles with your first child, what did you do different the cycle you conceived? Particularly interested in stories where BC wouldn't be the cause, ie if you weren't on BC before or have been off BC for a long time as knowingly it can take 3 cycles to get out of your system.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDeFleur For This Useful Post:

monkey&&me  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I stopped being obsessive. i.e I didn't do opks or my monitor. I just watched for changes in cm and bang! It happened. Also I think me taking evening primrose oil and progestalift supplements helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long did you try hun? I stopped OPKs and temps as I figured we BD often anyway but I am doing evening primerose and conceive plus lubricant as my cm isn't awesome I think. You stop EPO after o isn't that right?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Before I conceived my boys, I went and had acupuncture. We had been trying for 12 months, so I thought I would give it a go and see what happened. I told her it was for fertility but also stress relief and I actually just thought if anything I would walk out maybe feeling a little bit happier.

Next cycle -twins.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I've never been on hormonal bc. Ds took 8 cycles to conceive. 3 cycles before I started taking B vitamins. I don't think anything else was really different though it was just after easter and daylight savings ending. Sometimes I wonder if binging on heaps of chocolate the month before helped!

I had kind of resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't get pregnant but told myself at the start of the cycle that "I would get a bfp in 4 weeks". And I did. haha

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

We used pre-seed and generally just relaxed a bit around O time as we were on holidays 😊
    Last edited by tazz475; 08-06-2015 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took us years to conceive dd. I can't tell you exact number of cycles because I intentionally stopped counting as it was too painful. The cycle we fell was the one time I was certain it wouldn't happen. We only dtd twice, once a couple of days before O and once a couple if days post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both times we conceived we bd 36 hours apart.
    No other combination worked. Daily, every 2 days etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used the clearblue ovulation tracker with the smiley face. It showed that I was ovulating on CD 9 and I had been missing the egg by BDing closer to CD 14. I also started taking b vitamins and iron supplements. First month of using these things we were pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews

Nothing really, we finally conceived with our sticky DD after 13 months so BC pill was well and truly out of my system. The only thing that was different was that we had decided to stop trying for a bit and had a little holiday so I was much more relaxed (total cliche I know!). Honestly, 3 months is nothing in the scheme of things (although I know it feels like a lifetime!). There isn't ever going to be one size fits all when it comes to things that suddenly help us get pregnant. We had all the tests and everything was in perfect working order. We just got lucky finally.

ETA - we used OPKS, temping, preseed, BD every other day, legs up for 20mins after sex etc etc etc but none of it made any difference over the 13 months until eventually it happened.
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 08-06-2015 at 15:11.