+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I've done it. Thankfully my sister was there to point it out as I was walking away from the car. My first DD no way would I have forgotten her. Second DD was quiet as a mouse in the car, I was tired and distracted by DD1. I get how easily it can happen. Now she's forward facing I can't miss her though. And noisy too!
    Ive done it too. Dd4 was only a fairly new baby and we had an extremely busy day which threw my right out of whack. I had left other kids home with mum while I ducked out to pick sil up. Got home and was thinking I had left dd4 home with mum and the other kids. Wasn't until about 10/15 mins later i realised she was still in the car. It was heart wrenching. She was fine, she was just starting to wake up when I got her out. But it was a huge wake up call and I realised how easy it is to do and since then I am always super vigilant. It so very easily could have been a heartbreaking outcome and for those parents who have gone through it, my heart breaks for them and what they must feel every second of every day

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (09-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I haven't done this but I have accidentally left my baby at home. She was asleep in portacot in the lounge. I thought do had put her in and he thought I had. We both were extremely sleep deprived. She was only a few weeks old at the time. It was 25 mind before we realised she wasn't in the car with us. I rang the police to ask them to break into my house to get her. They wouldn't. They said I would get there before them.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 09-06-2015 at 00:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I haven't done this but I have accidentally left my baby at home. She was asleep in portacot in the lounge. I thought do had put her in and he thought I had. We both were extremely sleep deprived. She was only a few weeks old at the time. It was 25 mind before we realised she wasn't in the car with us. I rang the police to ask them to break into my house to get her. They wouldn't. They said I would get there before them.
    I've heard of this happening quite a bit. I totally get how it could happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never done it but once my sister arrived at a family gathering and left her DS in the car for 20minutes before realising. She thought the other kids had let him out. Luckily the car was parked in the shade and it wasn't a overly hot day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've done it too, both DH and I thought each other had taken the baby out other car, we had the other 3 kids (including 21 month year old twins) and it was chaos - like every day back then, luckily we realised and he was only in there for 5 minutes or something. But yeah, I know it can happen, even when you are a loving, caring parent.

I never watch 60 minutes, but I tuned in to see the ASD and music story, and came across it. So heartbreaking, those parents were clearly utterly devastated, and they won't ever get over it. So tragic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have heard of this happening alot and I just do not understand how it can happen. How a parent can forget their child is mind boggling to me. We are all busy, tired I get that but to forget a child... There was an incident last year where a father drove to drop his 1 year old off at daycare where he parks to catch the bus to work, he forgets to take the child into daycare, hops on the bus and goes about his day then at 4.30 that afternoon he goes into the daycare to collect the child only then realising he never did, the baby was still in the car. Doesn't sit well with me sorry! Don't know about anyone else but I think about my kids many times throughout the day when I'm not with them wondering what their doing etc so if I did happen to leave one somewhere it would soon register.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Have heard of this happening alot and I just do not understand how it can happen. How a parent can forget their child is mind boggling to me. We are all busy, tired I get that but to forget a child... There was an incident last year where a father drove to drop his 1 year old off at daycare where he parks to catch the bus to work, he forgets to take the child into daycare, hops on the bus and goes about his day then at 4.30 that afternoon he goes into the daycare to collect the child only then realising he never did, the baby was still in the car. Doesn't sit well with me sorry! Don't know about anyone else but I think about my kids many times throughout the day when I'm not with them wondering what their doing etc so if I did happen to leave one somewhere it would soon register.
    Ummm didn't all of our posts just explain how easily and common it happens??? Yes we think of our kids, and check on them, that's why we all realised within 20 minutes something had gone wrong. However if you thought they were at care then you wouldn't have checked.

We're parents and we're human. Stop judging.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (09-06-2015),LaDiDah  (10-06-2015),lilypily  (09-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-06-2015),SheWarrior  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Ummm didn't all of our posts just explain how easily and common it happens??? Yes we think of our kids, and check on them, that's why we all realised within 20 minutes something had gone wrong. However if you thought they were at care then you wouldn't have checked.

We're parents and we're human. Stop judging.
    While some may see how easily it could happen I do not accept it. I will be as judgy as I like on such a topic that angers me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's an actual scientifically proven thing. Do you disregard all science? Or just in this instance?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

amyd  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't done it, but I can absolutely understand how it could happen. It has nothing to do with how much you think about your kids or love them. Life is not black and white and people aren't robots.

And in any case - its extremely insensitive to make such a comment immediately after a number of posters have confessed having been in similar situations. Have some empathy and sensitivity!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2015),LaDiDah  (10-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-06-2015),Wise Enough  (09-06-2015)