+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It didn't happen to me and truthfully I don't know how it didn't, DS didn't sleep day or night and I lived on autopilot, it was sheer luck. But then I've locked him in the car in 34 degree heat, we've left DD at pre school for nearly an hour with both of us thinking the other had got her. Non child related but I am so sleep deprived today due to my own health issues that I completely lost my bearings in our car park and nearly drove into a pole - I had no idea what level I was on and swung round to go down again but was already down.

I could never believe this could happen as an accident, but having had two non sleeping children I do believe it is possible. Someone thankfully told me to put my nappy bag on the back seat which I did and still to this day I check the back seat of my car for kids and they are 8 and 5. I don't do it because I'm a better organised parent, I do it because I live my life in sleep deprivation and accidents happen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Hey @Blessedwith3boys have you read the journals on here on those struggling? I'm guessing not by the fact you're still trying to kick others when down.
    I doubt it has anything to do with Blessed wanting to kick others when they are down.

It's ok to not agree with a parent leaving their child unattended in a car. It's ok to think they've done wrong. The reaction is in the realms of normal.

As for the kicking when posters are down perhaps it's just blessed arking up and responding to some posters who have been way too personally attacking and aggressive. Aggression feeding aggression. People who are upset, affected by a topic and perhaps on the majority side don't get a free pass from using their manners - take some responsibility guys for how the thread is turning out (not directed at you personally).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

As for the kicking when posters are down perhaps it's just blessed arking up and responding to some posters who have been way too personally attacking and aggressive. Aggression feeding aggression. People who are upset, affected by a topic and perhaps on the majority side don't get a free pass from using their manners - take some responsibility guys for how the thread is turning out (not directed at you personally).
    Or perhaps we are just being "honest" and calling it like it is? - or does that rule only apply for some and not others?

And, if this was just a one time thing, I'd probably think you are right. that perhaps people are getting heated because of our own personal demons. But it isn't, it is a constant and reoccurring theme to do with a particular poster. As you well know.
    Last edited by beebs; 10-06-2015 at 19:22.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),LaDiDah  (11-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

Default 60 minutes tonight - fatal distraction story

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with Blessed wanting to kick others when they are down.

It's ok to not agree with a parent leaving their child unattended in a car. It's ok to think they've done wrong. The reaction is in the realms of normal.

You know what, Vic? I know you are going to defend KG regardless...

No one has offered a free pass to people who have had this happen to them.

No none is excusing it or saying it doesn't evoke a strong reaction in them. Of course it does!

No one was in any way aggressive to KG initially. Did some become aggressive in response to her remarks? You bet. Do I think that's ok? No I don't - I personally have behaved really atrociously towards KG in the past and I'm not proud of that but you know what I did? I tried harder to think of her POV and tried harder to word my thoughts in a constructive way. One that won't cause unnecessary hurt.

I think everyone, KG included, should take responsibility and be mindful when they're posting and the frustration for many, many hubbers is that even when the request is made politely, even when it's been pointed out that hubbers are hurting, it seems no effort is made on her part to alter not what she has to say but how and when and in which thread she says it. And so the sh!t hits the fan again.

It's sad and it doesn't have to happen.

Anyway, I don't want to to turn this into a lets gang up on KG, I honestly don't, I just felt so upset for several members that are really hurting that I had to say something.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 10-06-2015 at 19:37.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),beebs  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nobody is saying it's ok to leave kids in the car. That's twisting things. We are being judged for making a mistake. That's fine, I'm a big girl. But others, such as in the cases discussed have made a mistake and its wrecked their lives. They don't need someone telling them it can't happen and doesn't make sense.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm all for mums building mums up and supporting each other. Which I have not done in this thread as it got me too angry. But in general i try not to judge other mums unless I've walked in their shoes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),beebs  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's unlikely I'd ever leave my DD in a car, considering we don't own one and neither of us have our license. I also can't honestly say though as a 100%, absolute, scientifically-verifiable, fact that that I could never in my lifetime be the victim of a tragic accident involving her; regardless of what measures I put in place to avoid it. I'm only human after all.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (10-06-2015),Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),Wise Enough  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=Eg catch the bus or chuck a sickie instead of driving to work when you are severely sleep deprived..[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a thread not long ago where you said you should never chuck sickies unless you were really ill?

Anyway.

I've driven past my sons family day care one morning on the way to work, drive straight past and continued on to work. The fact he was three and piped up 'Mum where are we going' saved me from getting to work with him in the back seat....a baby asleep in the back? I can see how it happens.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-06-2015),beebs  (10-06-2015),munchkin275  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you're majorly sleep deprived, how can some be capable of thinking straight enough to be able to come to the rational and considered decision that maybe driving right now isn't the best idea? I know when I'm lacking in the sleep department, even thinking curved can be a major challenge for me, let alone thinking straight.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

And, if this was just a one time thing, I'd probably think you are right. that perhaps people are getting heated because of our own personal demons. But it isn't, it is a constant and reoccurring theme to do with a particular poster. As you well know.
    As is being overly sensitive and attacking is with others. Goes both ways.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-06-2015)