+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Styling my house

Ok so our house desperately needs some style. I would really also like to get our gazebo styled and looking good so we actually use it more!

Anyone got any tips and ideas?

I love colour! I especially like aqua, yellow and summery colours.

I often see other people's houses and just wonder how they did it. I just don't have much imagination.

Id like to do it on a budget too as we don't have a heap of extra cash.

If anyone else wants to use this thread for getting or receiving advice and tips, pls, go ahead

I'll post a pic of what my gazebo looks like too

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433648196.655966.jpg

I love our outdoor furniture, it was given to us and it's very comfortable, but I'm wondering if I should bother painting the rattan white?

I also want to recover the cushions a darker colour, I was thinking like a nice grey?

I have no idea what colour throw cushions to use! Id like something floral maybe as we don't have much colour in our garden, we only have green... Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Have you heard of the website and app called Houzz? It's full of millions of inspiration photos for all things inside and outside houses.

It's so addictive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    This is a photo from Houzz

Something like this...? ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433648820.100843.jpg

Sometimes all you need is some cushions, lanterns and candles and maybe some fairy lights or any kind of decorative string lights. Typo have some great string lights, or etsy

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433649366.672837.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinterest!

I obsess daily, also Instagram lots of people on there!

I would def leave it white. And make some cushion colours. Where do you live? I often go to a fabric whole saler and get there ends/samples. I don't like matching. So my chairs have odd colours. hahaha!!! But I'm a bit different in my style! I would also paint the chairs yellow 😁

Some good plants, where is your BBQ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Search key features on pinterest, ie "yellow outdoor area" and just save everything you like.

I've kept all of our large furniture timeless and basic colours, like black, white and dark stained wood and just accessorise with bright colours, that way it doesn't cost much when I want to mix it up a bit.
    Kmart is good for accessorising, as it's so cheap.
    You can also change a room with a few simple prints. Have a look on Etsy, you can get PDF or paper prints quite cheap and then just get a few basic white frames that you can always use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you paint the timber work on the gazebo white? It would give it a fresh summery look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Styling my house

I like the outdoor furniture as is, just need some bright cushions to liven it up. Have you thought about a cheap rug? You can buy recycled plastic ones, they are easy to clean and look great. I would get a few statement pot plants happening too. I found a summery looking gazebo on Pinterest for inspiration.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433668085.722475.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about some great pots and easy to maintain plants? Ours looked good but then we added pots and plants and some key deco items and its awesome