+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Open plan hell with toddler!!

Argh I'm going insane! My 1 yo is into everything! I'm trying to tidy up after breakfast and she is pulling things out as I go following me around hurting herself on cupboards, tables etc. she has lots of toys plenty of safe play area in lounge but it's all open plan I can't close off anything!! I didn't have this issue with my older kids as we lived in a different house. Urgh this has just got so much worse now she's walking. I'd move house if we didn't own this damn thing it's getting to me so much. As I type she's eating her breakfast off the floor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    What about putting her in her room with some toys and a child gate on her door for half an hour while you pick everything up

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a wooden playpen. I bought two and linked them together so she had a large space to play in with matting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (07-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Play pen

I have a monster size one that the entire playroom fits into.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    We put roll-away baby gates in to contain roaming toddlers. (Neither of them accepted being in a playpen.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Playpen!!! You can buy really big ones or even make your own and keep it open for most of the time except when you need a quick 5 mins to tidy in the kitchen or cook dinner. Put a kids DVD or TV show on just for that time, make sure she's got tons of toys. If she cries for a few mins it's not the end of the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Lindam playpen that you can open up and attach to the wall to use as a barrier, we've got ours around our big wood heater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    What about putting her in her room with some toys and a child gate on her door for half an hour while you pick everything up
    She's in our room still, probably safest in house but still not baby safe with bed to climb on and she'd pull all my clothes out of drawers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    We put roll-away baby gates in to contain roaming toddlers. (Neither of them accepted being in a playpen.)
    I don't think you can get gates long enough to cut off our open plan kitchen and walls not suitable drill into

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Play pen

I have a monster size one that the entire playroom fits into.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    We did use one. Lovely big colourful but pieces hard to pull apart. I had in lounge but with no gate big kids couldn't get over so was extra worry they'd topple on her. It's now spread between blocking off end of our deck and a mini pen near the line so I can hang out clothes. I hate seeing her penned in too, I'd rather let her explore but I think I might have to put it back up. I might be able to nudge behind sofa so I could only put up when cooking or tidying up kitchen. Be so much easier to just block off narrow kitchen like old place but now we have breakfast bar in the middle with dining one end its so open plan!!!