+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks. Only just sorted 2013/14 tax return the other week. Went into centrelink and they never said I had to put a claim in. Just said to make sure the it is all lodged with the ato by the end of june. So confusing. Will make sure I get I put the claim in monday now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Np. I've had to deal with centrelink so much since my husband became a student and i went back to work! You wouldn't have to do it as a lump sum claim if you just set it to zero rate but were actually current for the payment. If your ftb was canceled due to you or partners income being too high then its automatically lump sum claim. But by the sounds of it if your just doing a claim for previous financial year then you most likely are on lump sum...otherwise I'd assume u have a debt and have to lodge tax return to ato so centrelink can then reverse it. But u can't leave that a whole year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also staff in centres don't always question everything to...were they looking up your record when they told u that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I also phoned them 2 weeks ago and was on the phone for over an hour to 2 different people. Fortnightly payments dont suit us as dh wages change alot monthly. We have just been very slack with sorting our previous financial year out. I did tell them im not familiar with the ins and outs hence the phone call and visit to centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fair enough. It can get really confusing!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (08-06-2015)